Twenty Three

Lili, John and Tommy all stood togehter, wating for Billy Kitchen.

Lily yawned and rested her head on John's shoulder. It was another late one with the Shelby boys.

"Right, I've had some men bring your clothes to your new apartment in Camden Town. I also got them to bring things you will need. Now you've got the spare dress right, for when you get off the boat. Because you complained last time?" Tommy asked.

She rolled her eyes and nodded her head. "I do". She answered.

"There will be a car at the docks waiting for you. They will bring you to your new apartment". He said. She smiled and nodded her head.

She turned her head at the sound of footsteps.

"Here he is. Mr Inconspicuous". Billy Kitchen said.

Lili stood up straight, her eyes on the man beside her.

"Corporal Billy Kitchen. Bloody grand to see you. You remeber my brother John?"  Tommy asked. Billy and John both nodded at each other.

"This is Freddie Thorne's little sister Lilith. You'll be getting to know her a lot". Tommy said.

Lili smiled as she shook hands with Billy.

"How you feeling? I've just come out of bandages myself". Tommy muttered.

"I'm ready for active service. Thanks for sending me here Tommy". Billy said.

"It's all right Bill. You don't have to stand in line for us. It's men like you we're looking for Billy. But first you have to pass the medical first". Tommy said.

Lili watched as Billy unbuttoned a few buttons, his wound wrapped in a few bandages.

"Shefield mob showed up at Wincanton Trotting track. I took a bullet". Billy muttered.

"When do the bandages come off?" Tommy asked.

"When I take em off". He answered.

"One week. Not before". Tommy said, pointing his finger at Billy.

"You'll smell no rot. There's no gangrine". He said smiling at Tommy.

"Its been a long time eh Billy. What did you do with your medals?" He asked.

"Threw em in the cut. Same as you". Billy answered. He pulled of his cap revealing his aburn hair.

"It was never a hardship having you Black Country boys on our left flank". Tommy said.

"And you Brummies did all right on our right". Billy said.

"Damn right". John muttered. Lili sighed and hooked her arm through his.

"I want you to be the head of a brigade bill. It will be Brigader Kitcchen from now on. You'll have 100 men under your command. Thirty from our side, seventy from yours. Lili will be going with you. If you have problems, report them to her okay?" He asked.

"And now we've got a member of the Kitchen family on the payroll, maybe your cousins and brothers will let out boats pass through the Black country, without being held up and robbed". John snapped. Lili pulled him back and gently rubbed his back.