Hundred and Ten

Lili rubbed her belly as she ate her breakfast, her eyes drifting up as Tommy walked in. He looked terrible, the under of his eyes were all dark, like he hadn't slept in years.

"Good morning Thomas". Lili said, as he sat beside her. She placed her toast on the table, pulling a face. She wasn't exactly hungry anymore, the smell of eggs making her feel ill.

"You okay?" Tommy asked.

She nodded her head and fished up his breakfast for him. "Yeah....it's just the smell of the eggs that's all". She answered, as she poured Tommy a mug of coffee.

She sat back in her seat and grabbed her own mug of tea, looking at him as he picked at his food. "You going to eat?" She asked.

Tommy nodded his head and started to eat. "Does...Pol know you're here?" He asked.

Lili nodded her head and wiped her mouth with the sleeve from her cardigan. "Yeah, was on the phone to her this morning. Now, after you finished your breakfast, you're coming with me". She responded.

Tommy looked up at her frowning. "Why? What are we doing?" He asked.

Lili rolled her eyes and grabbed her plate and mug. "Well, what's the point in surprises if I tell you everything". She answered as she washed up. After Tommy finished his food, they made their way to Polly's.

Lili was upstairs freshening up and getting changed, whilst Tommy and Polly sat together downstairs.

"You're probably wondering where she's taking you aren't you?" Polly asked, a small smile on her face as she looked up from her sowing.

Tommy nodded his head, his eyes still vacant and bleak.

"Well I won't ruin the surprise, but she planned it all out herself this morning, pulled a few strings and everything". She muttered.

She looked up as Lili stepped in, her hair was pulled back from her face. She was wearing a cream blouse and black trousers. Lili smiled at Polly and looked at Tommy. "You ready?" She asked.

He nodded and stood up, his eyes landing on Polly. "Well have fun you two". She said, as she picked up her sowing.

Lili and Tommy left the house, making there way to Lili's car. They didn't speak as she drove, Tommy noticed they were making there way to the countryside.

"Is this your plan? Get me out in the middle of know where and kill me?" He asked.

Lili smirked and rolled her eyes. "If I wanted you dead Tommy I would have done it years ago". She answered.

He let out a laugh and nodded his head. "I'm that bad aren't I?" He asked.

Lili let out a sigh and licked her bottom lip. "You're not bad Tommy. You're an asshole, but....your our asshole. Sometimes you make stupid and hash decisions, but all in all, your one of the people I care about most in this world. And, trust me there have been times where I wanted to kill you but I'd never forgive myself. I love you too much to do that". She responded.

Tommy smiled sadly and reached over, his hand resting on her thigh. "I love you too". He whispered.

Lili turned her head to look at him and smiled. She knew that meant a huge deal, because Tommy never told anyone his feelings. He was always closed off, but when you got the chance, that rare chance, for him telling you how he felt, you would cherish it forever.

Lili pulled up into a field and smiled. She turned to Tommy and wiggled her eyebrows before getting out.

"Lili my beauty". Charlie shouted as he walked up to her, Curly trailing behind him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "How's the baby?" He asked.

Lili smiled and nodded her head. "He's good. Won't stop kicking". She answered.

Lili smiled and hugged Curly, him muttering things to her, that made her smile.

"Right, follow me". Charlie said after he hugged Tommy.

Lili hooked her arm through Tommy's and followed Charlie, and an excited Curly.

Tommy raised his eyebrow when he saw a horse. It was a baby colt, it's skin was a sleek brown, with dark brown hair.

Charlie made his way over to the horse and ran his hand over its spine. He smiled and turned to Tommy.

"This is an Arabian horse here Tom. It is one of the oldest breeds, with archaeological evidence of horses in the Middle East that resemble modern Arabians dating back 4,500 years. Throughout history, Arabian horses have spread around the world by both war and trade, used to improve other breeds by adding speed, refinement, endurance, and strong bone. Today, Arabian bloodlines are found in almost every modern breed of riding horse". He explained.

Tommy nodded and walked towards it, his hand running over it. "I know. It's a beauty". He whispered.

"Charlie found him. The other horses he was with where sold, but no one wanted him. Have no idea why, he's an actual beauty. So, me and Charlie did some work to get him, and I bought him". Lili said as she stood beside him, a smile on her face.

"I want you to have him, Tom. I know you love horses and I think, I think it will be the best way to keep your mind occupied. He needs someone to look after him, and I thought you were the best option". Lili explained.

Tommy raised his eyebrows and turned to look at Lili. "You got me this horse? Why?" He asked.

Lili rolled her eyes and smiled. "I bought him for you because you've been through so much in your life, you need something to help you. Horses were your passion before the war, it made me cry when I found out you didn't want to work with them anymore, and you wanted to start the business of. Don't get me wrong, we have come a long way and look at how far we got. But for what? We might have gained so much, but look at everything we lost too. I got you this horse, to show you that there is always second chances. That you can have a life again, maybe even go into working with horses again". She responded.

Tommy looked at the horse for a moment, then back at Lili. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. "Thank you". He whispered.

Lili smiled and wrapped her arms around him, holding him close. "I mean it, Tom, I do love you". She said.

"Even if I'm an inconsiderate asshole?" He asked.

Lili pulled away as she let out a laugh. "Yes even if you're an inconsiderate asshole". She answered.

He smiled and looked down at her stomach. "Have you thought of any names yet?" He asked.

Lili smiled and grabbed his hands, placing them on her stomach. "Freddie, after his uncle". She answered, smiling sadly.

Tommy smiled and looked up at her. "I know I haven't been there for you Lil, but from now on I promise you I will. I made a promise to your brother that I would look after you and I will stand by that promise". He whispered.

Lili smiled and wrapped her arms around him. She hadn't felt this happy and comfortable for a long time. But she knew, that it would take a long time but one day she would be truly happy again.