Seven

Lili lay in her bed and sighed. It had been a few weeks since she found out Ada was pregnant with Freddie's baby. The Shelby brothers had found out and they hit the roof.

She of course was questioned if she knew about there relationship. She got out of her bed and walked to her bathroom.

She washed her body and got dressed into a light blue dress.

She applied light makeup and tied up her hair. She slipped on some heels and walked down the stairs.

She opened the door and squealed as she was pushed back into her house. She frowned and raised her eyebrow as John shut the door behind her.

"What's wrong Johnny, why do you look so glum?" She asked, as she grabbed his cheeks.

She let out another squeal as her body was slammed up against the wall. John's two arms where either side of her head, his face only centimetres from her own.

"Johnny?" She whispered.

"Just remember....after today I love you. I will always love you Lilith Throne. From the day we got married in 1907 in Charlie's yard, to when I was sixteen and we shared are first kiss. Just remember, I'm not doing this out of spite or to hurt you. I...I need to do this for me and my children". He said, his voice breaking.

Lili frowned and placed her hands on top of his face. "Johnny, I love you too. What ever it is, what ever's happened, I'll be there for you". She whispered. She gently kissed his lips and grabbed his hand.

John deepened the kiss, his hand raising into her hair. He pulled out her hair clip and let her hair full down naturally.

He lifted her up, her legs wrapping around his waist. He walked up the stairs to her room.

It was a few hours later, they lay in each other's arms.

"I've called for a family meeting at the Garrison at five. I want you there". He said.

She sat up and nodded her head. He licked his bottom lip and moved her hair from her face. His eyes full with tears.

"Johnny your scaring me. What's wrong? I can help you". She cried.

He shut his eyes and shook his head. "I don't want to hurt you. And I don't want you to feel trapped for the rest of your life, that's why I'm not asking you to do this. You'll understand, I promise". He said.

She frowned and looked at him as he sat up. He started to get dressed, his hands running through his hair.

Lili sat up and pulled on her dress and heels.

John stood in front of her and kissed her gently. They walked down the stairs and out of the house. Lili licked the door and turned to look at John.

He gave her a sad smile, his hand slipping into her own.

They both walked into the Garrison and walked straight into the private room where the Shelby family, minus Ada were sat.

John nodded for Lili to sit in beside Arthur.

She smiled widely and slipped her arm through his. She rested her head on his shoulder and looked up at John.