Sixty Four

Lili sat in her room with the precribed tablets she had. She tipped some in her hand and popped them in her mouth. She grabbed her water and swallowed them.

She placed the drink back on the table and sighed. Her hands shaking. Her hands where all bruised, she had no idea why. She only remembered leaving the club. She couldn't remember waking up in her bed with bloodied knuckles, a empty bottle of whisky and a blood stained crumpled dress on her body.

She was sitting at her dresser, her hair a mess. Her makeup from the night before was smuged.

She sighed and stood up, making her way to the bathroom. She sat on the tub as she ran the hot water, her eyes looking out the window as she watched the world buzz by. She let out a sigh and peeled her clothes from the night before off. She sniffed and slipped into the bath, a sigh escaping her lips as she sinked into the water. The hotness relaxing her muscles.

She gently danced her fingers across her skin, looking at it through the clear water. The dark bruises still blotched her body, the bruises she received in that prison. She lay her head back and looked up at the ceiling, her eyes shutting. She lay there until the water grew cold, her skin getting all shiveled up like a old prune.

She stepped out of the bath, the towel wrapping around her body. She walked over to the mirror and wiped away the fog. Her eyes landing on her neck. She shut her eyes as a single tear slipped down her pale cheek. She opened the cabinet and grabbed a pair of scissors. She mascared her hair, chopping it off. She looked in the mirror at her new hair. It was just above her shoulders, her eyes weak, full of pain.

She slipped to the ground as she cried. Her sobs loud.

Delilah had found her a couple of hours later. The woman sighing in sadness when she saw the young girl sitting on the floor, her knees brought into her chest. "Oh darling, your hair". She said as she gently patted down her hair.

She gasped as she caught sight of Lili's beaten body.

"Let's get you dressed into something warm. I'll make you some dinner and then we can sit you beside the fire and i'll fix your hair up for you. Do you like the sound of that?" She asked softly.

Lili only nodded her response.

Delilah helped her up and brought her back to her room. She turned her back as Lili slipped into her night dress. She wrapped her dressing gown over her. Deliliah turned and sighed. "Oh darling. What ever it is, you can talk to me". She whispered.

Lili forced a smile as she nodded her head. They both made there way down the stairs, Lili sitting beside the fire as Delilah cooked.

Lili rested her head on the back of the chair as she watched the flames get higher. The wind outside was strong, sending a gust down the chimley.

She turned her head as Delilah placed her hand on her shoulder, telling her dinner was ready.

They both sat in silence as they ate, Delilah looking up every now and then to look at Lili.

After dinner they moved back into the sitting room. Lili was placed in front of the fire, a towel around her shoulders as Delilah sorted out her hair.

"i'm not going to judge or get mad. I won't turn you in...but did you have anything to do with the death of that man last night?" She asked.

Lili's eyes where on the fire. She looked down at her fists and frowned. "What man?" She asked quietly.

"His name was Howard Jones. Not a nice man at all. He had been found beaten and stabbed to death in an alleyway outside a club". She answered.

Lili frowned and looked into the fire. The events of the night before flooding back.

******Flashback*******

Lili had stepped out of the club. Her eyes teary at the mention of Alfie.

She raised the bottle to her mouth as she took a large swig, the liquid burning her throat as she swallowed. She wiped away a tear that escaped her eye.

She sighed and pulled out a cigarette. She sniffed and placed it between her lips, grabbing her lighter. She let out a loud sigh at the feeling of the nicotine rushing through her veins. She placed the bottle against her lips again as she took another swig. She turned left, making her way home.

She stumbled as her arm was dragged back. She let go of the bottle and her cigarette as she was shoved into a wall. She frowned and turned her head, her eyesight blurry.

"You know, after much thought and deep consideration I finally thought what I was going to do with you. I watched you walk in that club and I knew I wanted you. Your so different from the other girls". Howard muttered.

Lili frowned and held onto the wall for support.

"I approached you, thinking you would be intrested. I mean, who wouldn't. I'm handsome and very, very rich. And then you not only turned me down, but you embarrsed me. So I watched as you hugged your friend. The Jewish man. I watched as you walked out, alone. That is a very silly thing to do. And then I thought, here is my chance. I'll get her now, make her see that she made the mistake of fucking embarrsing me". He shouted.

Lili let out a scream as he grabbed her by the hair, dragging her down the alley way even more. He threw her to the ground, behind a large dumpster.

"When I'm finished with you, your body will be unreconisible. They won't know who you are, your fucking family won't even be able to recognise you". He spat. He smirked widely as he lunged at her, trying his best to pull up her skirt. She let out a loud scream, her body moving violently as she tried to get the man off from her.

"Shhhhh it's goung to be okay". He whispered in her ear.

She managed to grab her knife and sliced the mans cheek. He rolled of from her, screaming as he held his face. Lili turned over and sat on top of him, her fist coming down on his face. She threw some more punches as she screamed. She grabbed the discarded knife as she stabbed him in the chest, watching as his life slipped away.

*****End Of Flashback******

Lili continued to look in the fire as Delilah held the girl, whispering that everything was going to be okay.