Hundred and Sixteen

Lili smiled as she held onto Alfie's hand, joining him and the rest of the guests in the dining room. They sat up at the top of the table, taking their seats.

Lili grabbed Freddie and smiled softly, looking down at him as he grabbed onto strands of her hair.

"I want to make a speech". Arthur said as he stood up. Lili looked at Tommy and pulled a face, a smile quickly coming onto her features.

"Today we came together as a family to celebrate the wedding of our Lili. I can't believe how much you have grown. I still look at you, and sometimes see the little girl that would run around with John and myself, causing trouble and starting fights". He said, a wide smile on his face.

Lili smiled and leaned into Alfie's arms, looking up at Arthur as he cleared his throat again.

"Now this is a wedding, and we should be celebrating so I'm not going to make a speech that will depress everyone. So I thought, why not tell some stories that Lili would most likely kill me for". He muttered.

Lili looked at Polly and Ada, her eyes wide. Arthur did have a fair few stories about Lili, some that were meant to be kept a secret.

"When Lili was fourteen years old, I was walking into the house after coming back from the pub. She was walking down the stairs, with a red face and a messy head. Now, of course, I thought it was our John, because everyone knew they where fucking even though they tried their best hiding it".

Alfie snorted when he was drinking, raising his hands in defence when Lili gave him a look.

"Well it wasn't our John, it was actually our Tom that she had a bit of fun with". Arthur announced.

Lili covered her face, clenching her eyes shut. Ada looked at her, with wide eyes. Polly had a smirk on her face, a perfect eyebrow arched. Finn and Isiah both sat there with shocked expressions. Tommy picked up his glass and took a sip from his drink, acting like nothing was happening.

"Wait what you slept with Tommy? You told me you had only kissed him". Ada asked.

"She didn't tell me she kissed him so we're on the same boat". Alfie muttered, a smirk on his face.

"Well...we...err...". Lili struggles to speak. She looked at Tommy for help, to find him just smirking at her instead.

Arthur told more embarrassing stories, ones that made Lili's face brighten with embarrassment and anger.

Food was finally brought out, so that cut the speech. Lili turned to look at Alfie, to see that he was still smirking.

"Now I wasn't expecting to find out on my wedding day that not only did you sleep with one Shelby, you actually slept with two". He teased.

Lili smiled and rolled her eyes. "I bet you're never going to let this go are you?" She muttered.

He smirked and looked down at his ring, his head shaking. "I'm the one you married, so I'm happy. If I find out you've slept with him recently, then I'll kill you both". He said, turning to look at her.

Lili rolled her eyes, and placed her hands on his cheeks. "You say that, but you love Tom so much, you'd never do it". She whispered, her lips finding his.

Lili smiled into the kiss as Alfie's thumb rubbed her cheek. They pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Thank you, Alfie". She whispered.

He held her hands and raised his eyes brow. "What for?" He asked.

Lili licked her bottom lip and looked up at him. "For giving me a chance, for saving me from my craziness. For loving me, seeing me for who I really am. Thank you for standing by my side, whilst others would run in the other direction. Thank you for just being you". She answered.

Alfie smiled softly, and held her cheek. "I should be the one saying thank you, not you". He muttered. He pressed his lips against her's and smiled softly into the kiss.

"I love you".