Ninety Eight

Lili was cleaning down the bar in the Garrison. Micky, the bartender had called in sick and Lili offered to take the shift. It had been a very long time since she last worked behind the bar. It was nearly time to close the pub, only two men where sitting in playing a game of cards.

She didn't look up as the doors opened. "I'm sorry we're about to shut". She looked up, her blood running cold. Her eyes drifted over to the two men as they laughed, oblivious to the men who just walked in.

Lili's eyes shifted back to Luca, as he looked around the pub. "Quindi questo e il pub di Tommy Shelby? (So this is Tommy Shelby's pub?") He asked.

Lili's jaw clenched as she looked straight ahead. "In realta e il pub di Arthur" (It's Arthur's pub actually"). Lili answered.

She looked at him for a moment, and then back at the two men. "I'm sorry boys, it's closing time". Lili said to them, smiling softly. She watched as they stood up, pulling on their coats.

"See you tomorrow Lili. It's good to see you back behind the bar love". One of them muttered. Lili smiled softly and nodded her head, watching as they walked out.

Lili watched as Luca's men walked out too, standing outside the pub. Leaving Lili and Luca alone.

"Can I have a drink and a cigarette before you kill me?" She asked.

Luca smirked, his match stick in his mouth. He nodded his head and watched her as she grabbed a bottle of whisky. She looked at Luca, and grabbed two glasses. Lili remained calm as Luca came behind the bar, standing beside her.

She pushed over the glass towards him, and grabbed her own glass. She lighted her cigarette and lighted it, blowing out the smoke.

"You know, if you kill me know, your whole family dies. We have people outside where they live, if they hear a bang coming from in here, and I don't walk out, your family will burn in hell where they belong". He muttered, his toothpick hanging out of his mouth.

"You know....most people would probably be scared, crying and begging right now, with you standing beside them". She said, ignoring what he had just said.

Lili turned her head to look at him. "But not me". She whispered.

She knocked back her drink and tapped the ash from her cigarette. Lili froze when he came behind her, her breath getting caught in her throat.

He raised his hand, moving her hair way. His hand came to her throat, his large hand wrapping around her neck, his fingers brushing against her scar.

"I know everything there is about you Lilith Thorne. I know everything. You know, your name in Jewish folklore is derived from the class Mesopotamian demons called lilû and the name is usually translated as "night monster'. Are you a monster Lili, do you feel anything when you kill?" He asked, his lips near her ear.

Lili shut her eyes, her face scrunching up as she tried to not cry.

He stepped back and smirked. "Take of your blouse". He said.

Lili opened her eyes, a tear sliding her cheek.

"Take of your blouse". He said again, his gun coming to her head.

Lili raised her hands, and started to un-button her blouse. She pulled it off, her hands resting on her bandaged belly.

She shut her eyes again, another tear sliding down her cheek as Luca's fingers trailed down her scared back.

"Answer me this. How did it feel to kill that priest, that man who did this to you?" He asked.

Lili shut her eyes, her hands resting on the bar. "It felt....it felt good. It felt right, until I looked up at saw Michael. His eyes.....I....I hated it. I hated doing what I did, but when I started I couldn't stop it". She answered.

"It amazes me that your body was so scared, yet your still so beautiful. It is a shame you decided to forgive Shelby for what he did to you". He whispered, his fingers trailing down on her neck.

"That's why Shelby needs you. Because he knows if he says jump, you'll jump. If he tells you to kill, you'll kill. He only keeps you, because that's all your good at. Killing". He whispered into her ear.

Lili opened her eyes. "That's not the only thing I'm good at". She seethed. She pulled her knife out and turned around to stab him, but he was quicker. He grabbed her hand and forced her to drop the knife.

He dragged her over to a table and slammed her body down on it, receiving a cry from Lili. Her back was pressed on the table, one of his hands held her wrists down above her head. Lili's legs where either side of him, her eyes looking up at him.

"You know....your pushing it. Your really pushing it Lilith. Now, hey stop struggling". He said, his head shaking.

"Sono ..... non sono lui tesoro. Non sono il mostro che lo fa ai bambini. Adesso calmati, smetti di lottare". (I'm.....I'm not him sweetheart. I'm not the monster that does that to children. Now calm down, stop struggling".) He said, his eyes looking into her's.

Lili looked up at him, tears in her eyes. "Perché....(Why?") She asked.

"Potrei sentirmi dispiaciuto per te. Potrei star male, per quello che ti ha fatto. Tuttavia, ciò non mi fa ancora venire voglia di ucciderti". (I may feel sorry for you. I may feel bad, for what he did to you. Still, that doesn't make me still not want to kill you"). He answered.

Lili clenched her eyes shut, her breathing out of control. "Are you Catholic Luca?" She asked.

He looked down at her, nodding his head. "I am". He answered.

"Before you kill me, will you pray with me?" She asked.

She opened her eyes and saw Luca nodding.

"Ave Maria, piena di grazia". (Hail Mary, full of Grace). She whispered.

"il Signore è con te. Beato te tra le donne e benedetto è il frutto del tuo grembo Gesù.  Santa Maria Madre di Dio, prega per noi peccatori ora e
nell'ora della nostra morte Amen. (the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen). They said together.

"Your Italian is very impressive". Luca muttered, a smirk on his face. He let go of her wrists and held her cheek bringing her up. There faces close.

"Non uscirai da questo per innamorarti facilmente. Ora, sii un buon angelo e corri da Tommy. Digli che questo è solo l'inizio. Vai, ora amore mio prima che cambi idea e metti un proiettile tra quei begli occhi". (You won't be getting out of this one to easy sweetheart. Now, be a good angel, and run to Tommy. Tell him, this is only the beginning. Go, now my love before I change my mind, and put a bullet between those pretty eyes"). He whispered.

Lili stood up and went to rush out of the pub, but Luca grabbed her arm. "Like I said, you will be the last to die. You lied when we first met, you are afraid of me, I could see it in your eyes". He said. He let her go and smirked as she ran out of the pub. Lili didn't bother to put on her blouse. She turned her head to look at Luca's men, smirks on there faces.

She turned her head as Luca walked out, throwing her blouse to her. "Don't want any men getting the wrong idea now love. Not that I don't mind killing scum, this suit is expensive". He muttered.

Lili turned and rushed off, her blouse in her hands as she ran. She stopped outside of the house and banged on the door, tears streaming down her face.

Finn opened the door with a frown on his face. Tonight was the night that Tommy had went out with Jessie, which left Finn and Charles in the house alone.

"Lili what's happened?" He asked.

She collapsed into his arms and told him everything.