Hundred and Six

Three months later.

Lili was sitting beside Polly and Ada, she was now five months pregant, her hands resting on her stomach. "Lili?" Polly asked as she pushed a plate of food towards her. "Come on, eat a little bit. For the baby". She whispered.

Lili picked up her fork and started to pick at her food. "He's dead". She whispered.

Ada looked at Polly and nodded her head at her. Polly stood up and gently rubbed Lili's head before walking away. It was only Ada and Lili now.

"You know...when Freddie first died, I....I cried myself to sleep everynight. I was heartbroken, but I didn't want anyone to see. I didn't want people to think I was weak. But there was one person, one person I needed to be there for. And that was Karl. Lili, I'm so sorry about Alfie, I really am. But right now, you need to think about your baby". She whispered.

Lili looked down at her stomach, her eyes shutting. Tears started to stream down Lili's face as she began to shake. Ada wrapped her arms around her and gently rocked her. "It's okay to cry. Let it out, let it all out". Ada whispered.

"John....he used to tell me this story, about a Jewish prince....the man sounded just like Alfie. He fucking betrayed us for what a third time now, just like in the story. But guess what? There's no happy ending for me is there. None at all. Because, I'm cursed. Since the day I was born, I was cursed. I will never, ever be happy". She cried out.

Ada shit her eyes and held Lili closer. "Your not cursed Lili. It will all be okay". Ada whispered, trying her best to calm Lili down.

A few hours had gone by, and Ada finally convinced Lili to eat her dinner. She turned her head as Karl walked in, a book in his hands.

"Hi LilI". He whispered.

She smiled sadly at him, and placed out her hand for him to grab. "Hello". She whispered back.

She wrapped her arms around him and shut her eyes, holding her nephew close. She didn't want any of this. Lili didn't want her baby boy to be like her nephew, growing up and only hearing stories about his father.

"Can...can you read me a story?" He asked.

Lili smiled sadly and nodded her head. She opened the book and wrapped her arm around him, reading the words out loud.

A hour later, Karl had falled asleep on her shoulder, and Lili's eyes where shutting too.

They opened wide when the doors opened. She placed her finger to her lips as Arthur, Finn and Isiah all came in drunk. She turned her head and smiled softly at Karl. "Up to bed now love". She whispered.

She let out a sigh as she sat back, her hands resting on her stomach again. "Hello princess". Arthur muttered as he sat beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"You smell like you doused yourself in whisky Arthur". Lili said, a small smile on her face. Arthur snorted and knocked his head back, so it was resting on the top of the sofa.

"Maybe I did". He muttered.

Lili rolled her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder, a small frown on her face.

"You okay Lili?" Finn asked, as he handed Arthur a drink. She smiled and nodded her head, rubbing circles on her stomach. "Yeah.....he's just been kicking alot today that's all". She answered.

"Might be a footballer for Birmingham, who knows". Arthur said, a wide smile on his face.

"I thought that was going to be Billy?" She asked.

"No...no he's going to be a Blinder when he grows up". He answered.

Lili smiled and shook her head, taking a deep breath. "Bet you have the hat already sown don't you". She muttered. She let out a cry as she held her belly. She clutched onto Arthur's knee, the pain was excruicating.

"Lili?" Finn asked as he knelt in front of her. He hand a frown on his face, his head turning to look up at Arthur as they where unsure of what to do.

"The baby isn't due yet is it?" Arthur asked, as he started to count the months on his fingers.

"No....No something's wrong". Lili screamed as the pain came back again.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit". Arthur muttered as he stood up.

"Isiah, bring the car around will you". Arthur said as he threw him his keys. He took of his coat and wrapped it around Lili's shoulders. "Right, we're gonna get you to the hospital okay love. Now, it's raining outside, so we need to keep you and the baby warm". He said softly.

"Arthur". Finn muttered.

"Arthur". Finn said again as his brother ignored him.

"Not now Finn, get Polly and Ada for me". Arthur shouted. He frowned when he saw Finn pointing at something.

Arthur turned his head to look at what he was pointing towards. On the cream sofa, where spots of blood. He looked at the back of Lili's skirt to see blood.

"What?" Lili asked, trying to turn her head.

"It's nothing, it's nothing. Finn, call the family, let them know what's happening". Arthur shouted. He brought her outside and placed her in the car, putting her seatbelt over her.

"Arthur....Artie why am I bleeding?" Lili asked, her hands had blood on them.

Arthur didn't have a answer, he didn't know what to say. He rushed to the drivers side and got in, speeding to the hosptial.

He lifted Lili up and carried her into the hopsital. "Help. Please someone help". He shouted