Eighty Nine

Lili sound around in her chair, her dagger in her hand as she twirled it on her finger, drawing blood. She smirked when Tommy let out a frustrated sigh. "Am I annoying you, Thomas?" She asked.

Tommy looked up from his papers, his glasses on. His eyes shut for a moment, a small sigh escaping his lips. "No....no your not". He answered.

Lili smirked even more as she continued to spin. "That's a shame". She muttered. She stopped spinning and placed her feet on the table, her arms crossed.

"I take it...this is revenge, right? For what happened, with you nearly hanging?" He asked, his eyes full of grief and sadness.

Lili frowned for a moment, her feet dropping of the table. "What? No...I mean....no. Tommy, I'm over that, I'm not mad at you any more. I guess...I guess I've just been so angry for ages that I'm taking it out in everyone". She answered.

She leaned over and grabbed his hands, her eyes soft. "I feel really guilty...I was with John...when he died.....and Arthur, Finn, Ada and you....you weren't there. I mean...I didn't want you seeing him die...I just mean, Michael and I, we were the last to see him alive, not his siblings". She whispered.

"Hey....no one is mad at you for being the last to see him alive. You know, John loved you so much, Lili. I say, in a way he was happy. Seeing your face for...for the last time might have given him some comfort". He muttered.

Lili smiled sadly at him, her hands gently squeezing his. "I miss this. I miss our friendship and I miss you". She whispered. He smiled softly, and brought one of his hands up to her cheek, caressing it softly. "I've missed you too Lili". He whispered back.

She looked down at her hands and smiled. "I talked with Alfie yesterday". She whispered.

Tommy smirked and looked up from his paper's. "Oh really? How is he?" He asked.

Lili smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah..he's good. I've really missed him". She answered.

Tommy smiled and nodded his head. "When's the wedding then?" He asked.

Lili snorted and shook her head. "I don't think Alfie Solomon's is the wedding type of man do you". She asked.

Tommy shrugged and let out a small laugh. "You never know Lili, love makes you do crazy things". He answered. Lili rolled her eyes and looked down at her hands.

"Tommy?" She asked.

He looked up from his papers again and nodded. "If....after we get rid of Changretta and his men...do you think it will be okay...do you think it will be okay if I moved to London, to live with Alfie?" She asked.

Tommy smiled and licked his bottom lip. "Your a grown woman Lili, you don't need to ask for permission". He answered.

Lili smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah I know that, but your my brother, not my blood, but you are my brother. And it's important to me, to know that you'll like the person I'm with". She whispered.

Tommy smirked and nodded his head. "That's fair. I mean Freddie, he wouldn't take to kindly to Alfie, but I guess I allowed my sister to marry a Thorne. Lili you know I love you, and I see you as a sister, so of course, I'd be happy for you. I can see that Alfie makes you happy, so yes. When all this business is done with, you can go. But you need to stay In touch, that's the one condition". He muttered, pointing his finger at her.

They both burst out laughing. Something Lili and Tommy both missed. They hadn't laughed like this in a long time and it was good. It showed that they still had emotions, that they weren't shutting off.

They both looked as the doors opened. "Tom". A man muttered as he brought a woman inside. Lili stood up, her dagger been placed on the table, her eyes turning harsh. Mrs Ross walked in, her eyes on Tommy. Lili didn't forget what this woman tried to do to Arthur, she felt bad for her losing her son, but Arthur was family to her. He wasn't thinking at the time.

"Good morning Mrs Ross". Tommy muttered. Lili kept her eyes on the woman, her eyes still harsh.

"Have a seat". Tommy muttered. Lili sat back down, turning her body to look at Mrs Ross, her arms crossed.

"Thank you for seeing me, Mr Shelby. I know how busy you are". She muttered.

"How can I help you?" Tommy asked. His hands were clasped, his eyes only on her.

"Well, you see, tomorrow would have been my son's twenty-first. Had he lived. I'm having a bit of a thing. Just, sandwiches and beer and looking at old photos. And, as a gesture, I thought I would invite your brother, Arthur". She answered.

"A gesture of what, Mrs Ross?" Tommy asked.

"Not exactly forgiveness, but something like that. And also it's a way, of saying thank you, to the Shelby family for helping me and my children get by, since the death of my Edward". She answered.

Lili leaned forwards and grabbed her dagger again, pinning it as she looked at Mrs Ross. This sounded extremely fishy to her, she didn't trust her at all.

"That's very kind of you. That's very kind. Well, I will let Arthur know". Tommy muttered, his eyes had not left Mrs Ross' since she entered the room.

"It will be at my house at midday. He should come at midday". She whispered.

Tommy nodded his head. "Your house, midday tomorrow. Alright. One of us will be there". Tommy muttered.

"It ought to be Arthur". She whispered. Lili raised her eyebrow at the look on her face. At that moment, Lili knew something was going to happen. Something bad.

"Goodbye, Mrs Ross". Tommy muttered.

Lili's and Tommy's eyes both looked at each other, both sharing a knowing look. Once the door was shut, Lili sparked her cigarette.

"I'm thinking that are little friend has made a deal with the Italians". She muttered, her eyebrow raised.

Tommy's jaw clenched, as he nodded his head. "I agree with you. Get the family together, in the Garrison. Tell them everything. Tell Arthur, Finn, Isiah and Johnny we will be meeting at Charlie's yard tomorrow". He instructed.

Lili stood up and pulled her coat on her, turning to leave. "Lili, you have your gun on you right?" Tommy asked.

She smirked and waved it up in the air. "Of course I do Tom". She answered, before rushing out