Ninety Nine

"Maybe it's not safe for you being here. You could always stay at home". Arthur said as they stood in the boxing arena.

Lili crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Arthur, I spent my entire life WITHOUT my father telling me what to do. When Freddie was alive, I never did what he told me to do, and I never did anything you and your brother's told me to do. Do you really think that's going to change now? Wow, Luca Changretta came to meet me at the pub, do you think he will be that stupid to come here where it is crowded, with Peaky Blinders surrounding the place?" She asked.

Arthur smiled as he ruffled her hair. "I love you, you know that right". He muttered.

She smiled and hit his hand away. "Yeah, I love you too Artie". She whispered.

"Beanie. Come on boy. Get over here you lazy bastard". Arthur shouted. Lili smiled as she looked down at the dog as he sniffed around the place. She bent down and ran her hand over his head, a little laugh escaping her as he nudged her with his wet nose.

"This room is uh, clean Mr Shelby". The man said.

"Right. Lock it all down". Arthur muttered.

"All right boys, lock her down". He called out. Lili smiled and walked over to the ring.

She smiled as Tommy came to stand beside her. "Are you going to go on a rant like Arthur did with me being here?" She asked.

Tommy shook his head as he lighted up his cigarette. She shook her head as he offered her one. "I haven't been feeling the best this morning". She whispered.

"You can be here, just stay beside me all night". He answered.

"Gentlemen". He shouted, as all the men started to walk in.

"Now you listen to me. You put all your money on the Gold. You hear me? Let;s fucking fine dine". Arthur shouted out. Lili rolled her eyes and leaned into Tommy.

"Come on lads, place your bets with me. Honest Johnny Dodds". Johnny shouted, causing Lili to laugh.

Tommy nodded at Finn and Arthur to follow him. Lili smiled up at Johnny and shook her head, as she followed the Shelby brothers.

"Bonnie boy". Arthur shouted as they walked into Bonnie's changing room.

"There we go boy. Bring home that fucking tiger eh? Go on". Arthur muttered, as he sprinkled something into his hand.

"Tigers already out". Bonnie said, a wide smile on his face.

"Fair enough". Arthur muttered, placing the powder into his mouth.

"Bonnie, Mr Shelby will give you a 20% cut if you put Goliath down in the fourth round". Aberama muttered to his son.

"Been caged up too long brother. If the women are going to have fun, so am I". Arthur shouted, causing Lili to laugh.

"Good luck champ". Lili whispered as she hugged Bonnie. She smiled at him and followed the Shelby brother's out.

Lili was wearing a rose gold dress, that clung to her body. A set of pearls where around her neck and a white fluffy shawl around her shoulders.

Lili looked at the ring, her eyes twinkling with anticipation. "I need you to come with me". Tommy whispered. Lili nodded her head and followed him out.

"Where we going?" She asked as they walked below the ring.

"We're meeting someone". He answered.

Lili nodded her head and looked up. In the distance she could see a figure. And with that figure was a large hat. "Alfie". She whispered. She hadn't seen him in a few weeks, two months to be exact and she missed him.

Tommy and Lili entered a room, sitting down on some benches. She looked up when Alfie entered. Lili frowned at the tension in the room.

"Yeah, your like me Tommy, you can't bear to watch a fight which has got rules". Alfie muttered.

Lili turned her head to look at Tommy for a moment, before looking back at Alfie.

"Tommy, right, imagine....Imagine that you could not see. At all, you was born blind. Then one day you open up your eyes and you can see everthing in the world. When before, you could only touch it or smell it. Hmm. There it is". He said.

"The revelation. Innit?". Alfie asked, as he pointed his finger at Tommy. Lili frowned as he didn't look at her, it was like he was pretending she wasn't even there.

"I've had one. Yeah, saw a beautiful house down in Margate. Great big white building....Monkey puzzle tree agaisnt the sky blue. Beautiful. A piece of heaven. Actually, you see, the way the Earth, it curves. I though to myself, 'Alfie, what are you doing?...What are you doing?. Why don't you just sell every ounce of gold and sell every barrel of rum you got and just buy yourself some time mate?' I need to buy myself some time". Alfie muttered. His eyes drifted to look at Lili for a moment, before looking back at Tommy.

"You're moving to Margate?" Tommy asked.

"I am actually, yeah. I need to get myself some rest. I need some rest. Plus, the Americas are here now, aren't they? So, that's it. Yeah, it's been that way ever since the war, innit? The Americans. Big fucks small". Alfie said, as he turned to look at the two of them.

Lili frowned at his words, not understanding what he was saying.

"Always, actually. Hmm? And there is a fight going on, out there, between big and small" Alfie muttered, his cane raised as he pointed at the wall.

"Big will fuck small". He said.

Lili frowned and watched as he stood up. "Right. Margate then. Blue skies, heaven. I will see you Tommy. Might appear". Alfie muttered, as he stood infront of him, his eyes not even glancing at Lili.

"Stay and watch the fight Alfie?" Tommy asked, his hand still holding Alfies.

"No. You're all right. I already know who wins. Don't I?" He answered.

Lili watched as he walked away. She got to her feet quickly rushing out after him.

"What? You're going with out saying goodbye?" She asked, tears in her eyes.

Alfie stopped walking and turned to look at her. "Yeah...it's better that way". He answered.

Lili frowned and looked up at him. "Why?" She asked.

Alfie sighed and grabbed Lili's face. "Always remember this. What I told you, what I said about how I felt about you was never a lie. I will always love you Lili". He whispered, as he gave her a small kiss.

"Cheer up. I'll be seeing you soon". He shouted out.

Lili watched as he walked away, tears flooding her eyes again. "Come on". Tommy muttered, as he wrapped his arm around her.

"I need the toilet". She whispered as she stormed off.

When she walked in the womens, she stopped to see Ada congratulating Lizzie. "Did I miss something?" She asked, a smile on her face. She rolled her eyes as she watched Linda snort some cocaine.

"Tell her Lizzie". Polly said.

Lizzie stepped forwards, a smile on her face. "I'm pregnant. I'm going to have Tommy's baby". She said.

Lili smiled widely and wrapped her arms around her. "Wow. Congratulations Liz, I'm so happy for you". Lili gushed. She smiled and wrapped an arm around Ada.

"She's not the only one who's pregant". Polly muttered as she stepped forwards.

"Eh..Pol what are you doing?" Lili asked as Polly grabbed her breasts.

"Your pregnant Lili". Polly whispered.

Lili placed her hand over her mouth. She was pregnant and Alfie was the father.