Ninety

Lili tied her hair into a low bun, making sure it was tight enough. She placed her cap over her head and smiled sadly. It had been a very long time since she wore one of these. Her head turned to the door and smiled when Tommy walked in.

"Hello". She said softly. She had no shirt on, just her bra. Tommy sighed and came over to her, meeting her eyes in the mirror's reflection. "You don't have to come today you know? We will all understand if you want to stay at home or go to the shop". He muttered.

Lili rolled her eyes and looked down at her bandaged body. She knew why he was saying this, in case she go hurt because she wasn't fully healed yet. "I'm sorry to break it to you Tommy, but I'm not the little girl who would nod her head and sit out when asked. This is Arthur we're talking about, I'd do that same if it was you, or Finn or Ada. You're my family, and I can't lose another brother. I'll go, I'll stand on the sidelines as a lookout if I must, but I want to go". She whispered.

Tommy smiled sadly and nodded her head, watching as she grabbed her blouse. She buttoned up the red blouse and tucked it into her black bell-bottom trousers. She grabbed her harness and placed it around her shoulders, clipping it into place. Lili grabbed her two pistols and slipped them into their holders in the harness. She licked her bottom lip, slipping in her knives.

Lili smiled as Tommy was holding out her coat for her to slip her arms through. "Thanks". She whispered. Tommy nodded and cleared his throat. "You ready?" He asked.

Lili smiled and nodded. "Yeah". She answered.

They walked out of the house, their long coats flapping with the wind. Arthur stood on the left side of Tommy, Lili on his right. She turned her head, and let out a little sigh. It should be John that was standing there, not her. She smiled softly when she looked at Isiah. Finn soon joined them, clapping Arthur's back.

Lili, Tommy and Arthur walked in front, Isiah, Finn and Johnny Dogs following. Everyone stopped and moved out of their way as they walked down the street, their heads held high. It was true, the Peaky Blinders did own everyone.

They made it to Charlies, where a table was set out and large boxes. Lili stood beside Tommy, Finn right beside her. She watched as Tommy pulled out a map, placing it down on the table.

"All right, at midday today, Arthur will be here". Tommy said, pointing at a location on the map. "47, Artillery Square. Like a goat tied up for the fucking tiger, eh Arthur?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah right". Arthur answered.

Lili smiled as Charlie pulled the lid of one of the creates, rifles where inside. "Right, there is two way into Artillery Square. One, here the towpath and here, Navigation Street". Tommy explained as he pointed at the map. Lili smiled and sent Charlie a small wink as he handed her a rifle.

"Finn, take a rifle". Tommy muttered. Finn stepped forwards and smiled at Charlie as he handed him over a gun. "You'll be here Finn, covering the towpath. Most likely, they'll come down Navigation Street. Johnny and Isiah, will set up here as hawkers selling stolen pork. When you get the signal from me, then you can open fire". Tommy muttered.

"From you eh?" Arthur asked.

"Yep, Lili and I will be here, In the window, overlooking". Tommy answered.

"You still know what end the bullets come out of Tom?" Johnny asked. Lili burst out laughing shaking her head, alongside everyone else.

"He knows". Arthur muttered, with a little chuckle.

Tommy pulled the cigarette from his mouth. "These men are coming for my brother, believing him to be unarmed and unprotected. So this is my fucking business". Tommy muttered.

Lili smirked as she placed the gun over her shoulder. "They won't know what hit 'em will they?" She asked. Finn and Isiah nodded there heads, small smirks on their faces.

"Arthur, let's go". Tommy said.

"Good luck boys". Lili said softly, before following Tommy and Arthur.

"Hey, Artie". Lili whispered, looking up at him. He looked down at her and nodded his head. "Good luck". She wrapped her arms around him and smiled sadly.

"Of course I will. And good luck to you too". He muttered, ruffling her hair.

Lili took a deep breath before following Tommy, saying her prayers silently, hoping that another Shelby would not be killed because of this vendetta