Hundred and Twelve

Lili looked up at the house in front of her, her heart beating fast. She licked her bottom lip and went to knock on the door but it opened. A young woman raised her eyebrow. "Hello". She said. She was wearing a maids costume, her eyes soft.

"Does....does a Mr Solomons live here?" Lili asked, a small frown on her face.

The maid stood up straight, her eyes harsh. "I've never heard of that man before". She answered. She went to close the door, but Lili placed her foot in the door.

"Look, I'm a pregant woman. My back is fucking killing me, I drove all the way up here, and took five wrong turns. I'm exhausted, I want to sit down and have a cup of tea, and have a talk with Alfie Solomons. Now I'm going to ask again, does Mr Solomons live here, and before you give me the wrong answer just think of what I could do". She snapped.

She leaned in the door way, one hand on her stomach. The maid looked at her, with wide eyes.

"If you come in please, and wait in the hallway". She muttered. Lili nodded and walked in, letting out a breath. She leaned on the wall, her hands on her stomach.

"May I ask your name?" She asked.

"Lili Thorne". She answered. The maid nodded, and quickly turned around, rushing into a room. Lili rolled her eyes and blew her hair out of her face.

She turned her head and watched as the maid walked out. "I'm...I'm so sorry Miss Thorne, he will see you now". She whispered. Lili smiled at her and nodded her head. "Thanks". She said.

Lili walked into the room, and looked around. The doors where open, revealing a balcony. The view was of the sea, something that Lili found beautiful and tranquil.

"You know, before I was shot, and Shelby tried killing me, I thought I heard you say you where pregnant. Now looking at you, I know it wasn't a dream". She heard him mutter from the corner.

Lili smiled and turned her head to where the voice was coming from. "Hello Alfie". She said softly.

"How did you find me?" He asked.

"You left your adress on the letter you wrote to Tommy". She answered.

Alfie raised his eyebrow and nodded his head. "I did, didn't I". He muttered. He licked his bottom lip and looked at her. "Come closer so I can have a look at you". He said.

Lili rolled her eyes and stepped forwards. "I'm gonna warn you Alfie, I'm tired and in a lot of pain". She muttered. She stood in front of him, her eyes scanning his face.

"Oh Alfie". She whispered as she trailed her fingers down the side of his face. It was where Tommy had shot him, a large scar was running down the left side of his face. The red patches he had before were still prominent, fascading where his temple was. His left eye was a place misty blue.

"I...I really thought you where dead Alfie". She whispered.

He looked up at her, his hands resting on her stomach. She smiled down at him, placing her hands over his. "Is it a boy or girl?" He asked.

"A boy". She whispered.

Lili smiled and held his hands, pressing her lips agaisnt them. Her eyes shut, as tears started to spring from her eyelids.

"Why are you crying for?" He asked.

Lili let out a little laugh, her head shaking. "Because....because your alive Alfie. You are actually alive, and there was me thinking our son wouldn't ever meet you". She answered. She opened her eyes and smiled when she looked at him.

Alfie looked up at her, his eyes soft. When he was with Lili, he felt normal, he felt like he could show his emotions in front of her and not be afraid that she was going to use his emotions agaisnt her.

She sat beside him, her hands still in his. "I have spent my whole life running, afraid that are enemies would catch up to us. Now, we are free. Alfie....let me stay, let me look after you". She whispered.

Alfie smiled, and grabbed her face. "Of course. And you, need someone to look after you". He muttered, his eyes on her stomach.

She let out a little laugh through her tears and pressed her lips against his, smiling into the kiss.