Sixty Six

Lili sat down and picked up the phone. She dialled Polly's number and bit her thumb, waiting for an answer.

"Ello". Michael's voice muttered.

"Michael". Lili whispered, a sad smile spread on her face.

"Lili. It's you". Michael said, his voice holding a tone of joy. "I'm so sorry I never called you back, its....its been hard". He muttered.

She smiled and pulled her feet up onto the chair. "That's okay Michael. How are you?" she asked.

He let out a loud sigh. "I've...I've been better. I'm worried about mom. She's gotten worse, I think maybe if you talk to her it may help". He answered, his voice holding hope.

"Of course. And Michael, if you need to talk I'm always here". She whispered.

"I know and the same to you. I swear I'll be better at answering the phone". He said.

After they said goodbye there was a brief silence.

"Hello Lili darling". Polly's voice slurred.

"Ello Pol". Lili whispered.

She listened as Polly rabbeted on, and on about how she was seeing spirts, how she was holding seances. She frowned and her ears poked up as she heard Polly mention Freddie's name.

"What was that about Freddie?" Lili asked.

"I've seen him. He was sitting across from me the other day. Oh Lili, he looks just the same. Still so handsome. He spoke to me, he talked about you". She answered.

"What...what did he say?" She asked.

"He told me that you needed to be strong. You needed to stop drinking too. He wants you to live your life to the fullest. He doesn't want you in a early grave like he was. He also said you need to stop killing people. He mentioned the name....Howard Jones to me. I have no idea who he is, but he said that he has to be your last killing. Your free now, use that freedom as a way out". She answered.

Lili wiped away her tears. She knew that Polly was telling the truth, she was seeing spirts. The woman wasn't crazy, she could see things others couldn't. She could see past the void, the invisible wall to the undead. After they both said goodbye Lili placed the phone down.

She bit her lip and ran her fingers through her hair. She was unsure of how to feel. She knew she was free, she knew she could live her life. But she couldn't. Her past would always catch up to her. She also knew she would miss the feeling of what she did. Lili was beyond fucked. She was destined for this life. Her mother was right, she was born a monster.

She stood up and walked into the kitchen, sitting down at the dining table. She smiled as Delilah as they began to eat.

"How are you today? Do anything nice?" Delilah asked.

Lili looked up and smiled softly. "I..I did some drawing. I sowed the pockets back onto the that dress you we're talking about. I spoke to some of my family too". She answered.

Delilah smiled and nodded her head. "You should show me your drawings one of the days". She said softly. Lili smiled and nodded her head. She looked back down at her plate and sighed.

"I'm sorry Delilah". Lili muttered.

Delilah looked up at her and frowned. "What's wrong dear? It's not the dinner is it?" She asked, her eyes wide with concern.

Lili shook her head and smiled slightly. "Your dinners are always lovely Del, it's not that. I'm....I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for being such a burden to you". She answered.

Delilah frowned and grabbed Lili's hand. "Your not a burden. How could you think that? I love having you around. You make me feel young again. Oh darling, no one is a saint, we all can't be good. But when I look at you, I see this beautiful, ambitious woman. I don't care if you've killed people in the past. We all do things to survive, and to keep those we love around us safe. Your a good girl, I really can't see any bad thing about you. And the scars darling, the one on your neck, your collarbone, the ones on your back doesn't change you as a person. There your stories to tell your children and your grandchildren when your older. And you will marry and have children. You will be an amazing wife and mother okay. Your beautiful, and a few scars does not change that". Delilah said.

Lili looked up and smiled at her. She wiped away her tears and let out a small laugh. "Thank you". She whispered.

Delilah smiled and hugged her tightly. After a few minutes the women pulled away. "Right, how about you give this old mare some company whilst I do some sowing eh?" She asked smiling. Lili smiled back at her and nodded her head.

Lili was sitting beside the fire, a book in her hands. Delilah sat across from her as she sowed. The silence between the women was comfortable. Lili had decided it was best to not leave the house, unless Delilah was with her.

"Would you like some tea?" Lili asked. Before Delilah could answer there was a loud knock on the door, that echoed throughout the house.

They both looked up as there was a knocking on the door continues. "Now who could that be". Delilah muttered as she placed her sowing down. Lili watched as she walked towards the door.

There we're a few mutters before Delilah walked in. "Lili there's a gentleman here asking for you to come with him. He said that an old friend has heard your back in town and he would like to see you". She muttered.

Lili frowned and placed her book down. She stood up and nodded her head. "Tell him I'll be out in a moment". She said.

Delilah nodded and turned around, walking back to the door.

Lili rushed over to the draw and pulled out her gun, tucking it into holder on her thigh. She had a knife strapped to the other leg. She was always alert.

It had been a month since she last saw Bart and his words made her want to be more safe. She walked to the door and stood a man. He was wearing a black suit, his eyes dark. She grabbed her coat and looked at Delilah. "Be careful". She whispered in her ear as she hugged Lili.

She walked outside to a black car. "Where you taking me?" She asked.

The man didn't answer as he opened the back door. She sighed and stepped in. Her hands clamy with sweat.

He drove for about an thirty minutes, he was making his way into the countryside.

She frowned when he pulled up ouside some gates. The man from inside the gate house nodded as he pressed a button for the gates to open. Lili's eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

There was a massive manor, twice the size of Tommy's. Her heart beatened, unsure of who lived here.

She knew it couldn't be Alfie. He told her he lived in a flat, near the bakery.

It wouldn't be Sabini, he was in the dead center of London. Unless he had a country manor in Camden Town. But that made no sense when it was Alfie who ran Camden Town.

She tried to think of who else might be a "old friend". She crossed Campbell of the list. Polly had shot him dead, she saw the body.

It wasn't Kimber, he was also dead.

And it was definitely not Vicente or Angel Changretta. They where all dead. Unless it was a relation of theirs.

The car stopped and the driver stepped out. He opened the door and waited for her to get out. She frowned when two arms grabbed both of her arms. Two men started to drag Lili into the house.

The decore was absolutely stunning, she imagined a prince to live here.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the gypsy queen herself". A old, familiar voice bellowed.

Lili frowned and turned her head. "Oh for fuck sake not you". She cried.