Thirty Eight

Lili walked down the street with Tommy. Her cigarette hanged loosely from her mouth as she pinned her hat to her head. She was wearing a maroon dress, with a matching feathered hat.

She inhaled her smoke and sighed when she saw the men.

"You're late". Arthur shouted.

Arthur was standing there. With him were John, Finn, Johnny and a mix of Lee men and Peaky Blinders.

She threw her arms around him and pulled him close. "I've missed you. How you holding up?" She whispered.

His hands where wrapped around her as he squeezed her tight. "I'm good. I've missed you too". He muttered.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around John. "Johnny". She whispered. He rubbed her back and pulled away. "You look stunning". He said. She smiled and wrapped her arm around his waist. She rested her head and turned to look at Arthur and Tommy.

"I had business". Tommy muttered.

Lili smiled as the two brothers hugged.

"How the fuck did you get me out of that?" Arthur asked.

"I need you today brother and I pulled some strings. You alright?". Tommy asked.

"I am now". Arthur answered.

"So Arthur's back in charge now?" John asked.

Lili rubbed John's back.

"He's in charge of you and your both in charge of him". Tommy answered, his finger pointing forwards Finn.

"Look out duties today". Tommy said.

"Tommy I'm getting sick of this. When can I actually do a proper job? Actually fight like you guys". Finn complained.

"Finn you don't obey orders, you don't come. Johnny Dogs". Tommy's said, turning his attention away from his brothers.

"Tommy". Johnny said nodding his head.

"Your boys will meet us there?" He asked.

"The Lees will be there Captain". He answered.

"Captain?" Tommy asked.

"Aye, we promoted you. Well, the boys decided your no longer like a Sergeant Major. Fucking those rich women and using those fancy words". Johnny answered.

"Now now Dogs there is a lady present". John muttered.

Johnny turned to Lili and put his hands up. "Oh goodness I'm sorry Lili". He said.

She snorted and shook her head. "Really Johnny? How many years have you known me? You know words like that don't affect me". She said laughing.

Tommy smirked and licked his bottom lip. "Just don't bloody shoot me. Let's go to the Derby boys". Tommy shouted.

Lili smiled as John lifted her up, placing her into the back of the truck. She smiled as Arthur grabbed her hands, sitting her beside him. John and Tommy we're sitting in the front.