Thirty Four

Lili smiled as she walked into work. It felt weird, but a good weird. She had kissed and made love with Alfie. After the kiss she realised she had fallen love with him. She knew she couldn't tell him. But in time she would.

She smiled as she saw him. Her eyes landing on the goat beside him. "Awwww Alfie, he's adorable". She said as she gently patted the goat. She looked up at him and frowned. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine". He answered.

"About yesterday". She said, her hazel eyes soft.

"What about it Lilith?" He asked, his eyes showing no interest.

She frowned and stood up straight. "We kissed Alfie. We made love". She answered, a frown on her face.

"Yeah, well it was a heat of the moment thing mate. Don't mean anything to me innit". He muttered.

Lili frowned and backed away slightly. "What?" She asked.

Alfie sighed and ran his free hand through his beard. "You heard me mate, it was a mistake. This...it shouldn't of happened.". He snapped. He shook his head and stormed away, leaving Lili heart broken.

Lili turned and watched as he walked away. A tear slid down her cheek. She knew it. She was so stupid. He didn't feel anything forwards her. He regretted everything. She sighed and stormed off. She was to meet Arthur outside at noon.

She went outside and sparked up a cigarette. She frowned and wiped away the tears that where falling down her cheeks. She knew she shouldn't of been so stupid and naïve.

She had never really felt this way about any man before, when she was with Alfie she felt alive. He made her forget her problems. She shook her head and took deep breaths. She frowned when she felt a presence beside her. She looked up and turned her head as Billy stood beside her.

"You okay?" He asked.

She nodded and smiled softly, her eyes still full with tears.

"Did Solomons say something to you, is that why your crying?" He asked.

She wiped away a few tears that had escaped. "No why do you think that?" She asked.

"He's literally shouting at all the men right now. He hit about five of my men with his cane. Probably stressed with work or the meeting then. You okay? What's got you so upset?" He asked.

She licked her bottom lip and looked down at the ground. "It's nothing. I'm just stressed, got a few things going on in my head right now". She said. Billy smiled sadly and wrapped his arm around her.

"If you need to talk to me Lili, I'm here. When we get back down to Birmingham, you should come up to the Black Country for the day, have a day out. We could go to the pub and have a meal at a restaurant if you need to escape". He said softly.

She smiled up at him. "Thank you Billy". She whispered.

They both turned there heads as they heard something hit the floor. They turned there heads to see Alfie standing there. Ollie and Simon stood behind him.

"Instead of getting fucking cosy with her mate, why don't you fucking whip those little shits into place eh?". Alfie shouted.