Eighty Two

All morning Lili and John were on edge. They both had guns on them at all times, there eyes and ears open all the time.

Lili stood beside the front door, her gun in her hands. John had gone out into the shed to get something, so she was keeping an eye on the house. From where she was standing she could see the back door too.

"Hello". She heard someone shout of. Lili frowned and thought she knew the muffled shout. She licked her bottom lip and stepped out of the house, her gun ready if she needed it.

"Hello."

She sighed when she realised it was Michael. She turned around the corner and watched as John opened the shed door, pointing his gun at Michael. "Oh for fuck sake, it's you". John muttered as he lowered his gun.

He looked around Michael and smiled when he saw Lili. "Ello love, he give you a fright to?" He asked. She smiled and nodded her head.

Michael turned around and smiled widely when he saw Lili. "Hello, Lili". He said. She smiled at him and nodded her head, hooking her arm through John's.

"Got nothing better to do on Christmas morning?" John asked, looking at Michael. Lili smiled and shook her head at him.

"Tommy wants everyone at Charlie's yard now. So come on". Michael muttered.

Lili frowned and turned her head to look at John, there eyes meeting each other. He smiled down at her and gave her forehead a quick peck. "Forgot to give you your Christmas kiss". He muttered, his dimples showing as he smiled.

Lili let out a giggle as she rested her head on his shoulder. She looked up at him and gave him a small kiss on the lips.

"Can you both focus please". Michael snapped.

Lili and John frowned as they turned to look at Michael. "Sorry". They both muttered.

"Look, we don't have time for this. All right? Just come to the meeting". Michael pleaded.

Lili frowned and looked up at John. "Maybe...maybe we should go, Johnny. It won't hurt to go to the meeting, we can come back here when it's finished". Lili whispered.

She was starting to get a really weird feeling, that was overcoming her body. If they stayed here any longer, she feared that something bad was going to happen.

"Just come in the house, have some food". John muttered to Michael.

Lili sighed as Esme came storming out of the house. "Tell Thomas Shelby, we can look after ourselves". She snapped as she got into Michael's face.

Lili sighed and looked up at a smirking John as his wife and cousin argued. He looked down at her and smiled softly, his eyes landing on her neck. "How about we eat and then go?" He asked her.

Lili smiled and nodded her head. "It's up to you when we go, but I think it will do us all some good". She whispered.

He sighed and nodded his head. "You sure your able to face him after.....you know". He muttered, when he trailed his fingers down her scarred neck. Lili smiled and nodded her head.

"It's about time I face him again". She whispered.

John nodded his head and kissed her forehead softly. "You know I love you, Lil". He whispered.

Lili smiled and nodded her head. "Of course. You know I love you too. We have out five-year plan to look forward's too". She whispered back.

John smiled widely, not being able to take his eyes off her.

"Tommy says that they could come for us today". Michael shouted at Esme.

"Tommy says, Tommy says. Are you his fucking parrot?" Esme screamed. Lili sighed and rested her head on John's shoulder. Knowing how stubborn Esme and Michael where, they would be here for hours.

"Look it's the Mafia all right? This is the New York Mafia we're talking about". Michael snapped.

"And we're the Peaky fucking Blinders". John and Lili both shouted at the same time. They looked up at each other and burst out laughing.

"No...no we're not. We're not the Peaky fucking Blinders, unless we're together". Michael shouted.

Lili looked up at John and smiled sadly. "He's right Johnny". She whispered.

John shut his eyes for a moment, nodding his head.

"We were together in the gallows, with one man missing". Esme snapped. Lili shot her a glare, before looking back at Michael.

"John come to the meeting. All right? Think about the kids. Come to the meeting and if you want to leave, then fine". Michael pleaded.

Esme turned to look at Michael again as she started to shout at him.

Lili turned to face John and smiled. "It's up to you Johnny, I follow you where ever you go". She whispered.

John smiled and grabbed her face. "Because of you, and your beautiful kind soul I'll go. I love you Lili Throne". He muttered, giving her a  soft peck on the lips.

"Love you too Johnny". She whispered.

Her eyes drifted away from John, a frown coming over her face. John turned to look where she was looking. In front of the drive, a carriage of hay was parked in front of them, a beautiful white horse looked over at them. Lili started to get that uneasy feeling again as she pulled out her pistol.

"Get in the fucking house". John shouted as a man pushed his way through the hay. Lili fired, hitting the man in the leg. She fired again, shooting him in the head.

It all happened too quickly for Lili to comprehend. John pushed Lili behind him, as he was riddled with bullets. Lili gasped as she felt extreme pain in her chest and stomach, falling to the ground.

As she lay on the ground, she turned her head to see Esme cradling John. Lili turned to look at Michael, he was also hit and lying on the ground.

Lili turned her head to look at John again, his head turned to the side, there face's only inches apart. The last thing she saw before she passed out, was John's lifeless blue eyes. The eyes she used to describe as lively, energetic and mischievous, were now just lifeless.