Thirty Five

Lili rushed into the Shelby home. "Fucking Solomons betrayed us". She said, tears streaming down her face. "He got Arthur arrested". She cried.

"Michael's been arrested too". Polly said.

Lili shook her head. "What the fuck has happened?" She asked, her eyes all bloodshot.

Tommy came rushing in through the doors. "John?" He asked.

"The coppers have lifted ten of our men in Camden Town, the rest of them are on the run". John muttered.

Polly stood up. "They've taken Michael". She cried.

"Business first". Tommy muttered putting up his hand.

"They took Michael last night". Polly shouted.

"I said business first". Tommy muttered.

"They picked him up...". Polly was interrupted by Tommy shouting. "Polly, business first".

He turned his head and looked at John. "They took all out whisky, so no doubt they'll be supping that for Christmas. They've impounded all our vans, put their own locks on the warehouse. The Eden Club and all our pubs have been raided by the coppers and handed them back to Sabini and Solomon's. The Black Country boys think Arthur killed Billy because that's what the coppers told them. So there'll be no more free passes for our whisky boats". John muttered.

"I don't give a fuck about whisky. I don't give a fuck about Billy Kitchen. I want my son out of prison now". Polly shouted.

"Tommy I've spoken to Johnny Dogs". Esme said softly.

"This meeting should be family only". Polly snapped.

"I can help". Esme exclaimed.

"It's family only, she is not blood Thomas". Polly said.

"Let her speak". Tommy muttered, his eyes on Esme.

"I spoke to Johnny Dogs. The Lees are kin. They can give us men". She said softly.

"We don't need fucking men. It's men that have done the damage. It....it is men fighting like cockerels that have put us here in the first place". Polly shouted.

"Esme, I'll take up their offer. We need men". Tommy muttered.

"If Michael ever gets out of prison, I am taking him away from this family. For good. This life is bad. This life is all bad". Polly said. She walked over and grabbed Finn's arm.

"Aunt Pol what are you doing?" He asked.

"Shut up and walk". She answered as she led him out of the room.

Tommy sighed and sat down beside Lili. She sat there quietly, thinking over the things that had happened. How she kissed and fell in love with the enemy.

"Thomas?" Esme asked.

He nodded his head and pulled out a cigarette. "Should I go and speak to Queen Mary Lee at the Black Patch?" She asked.

"Yes". Tommy answered.

"She can give us a few men for a few nights". She said.

Tommy nodded his head and cleared his throat.

"John go and bring up the car". Esme said.

John frowned and looked at him wife for a moment, before letting out a sigh and standing up. He grabbed his hat and walked off.

"Are you okay?" Tommy asked Lili.

She shook her head, her hands running over her face.

"I....I can't believe this has happened Tommy. He fucking betrayed us. He did it right in front of my eyes. He was the one who shot Billy. Omg". She said looking up.

"What?" Tommy asked.

"When I got back from Birmingham he was having a meeting with someone, but before I could see that person's face he got me out of the room. He had been sneaking fucking Sabini in this entire time, having meetings with him". She answered.

She let out a cry. "This is all my fault". She cried.

Tommy sighed and gently held her. "It's not your fault. Don't worry okay? I'll sort everything out". He whispered.