Thirty Two

It was weird being back in Birmingham after being gone for a long time. She unlocked the door to her house and stepped in. A small sigh escaping her lips. She smiled sadly at all the memories she had with Freddie and Ada.

She walked up to her room and grabbed a dress that she had left. She had a deep bubble bath after being in a boat for four days. After she was washed and dried she slipped on her dress. It was a soft pink.

She went back into her room and applied some makeup. She looked down at her hands and smiled, thinking of Alfie. She couldn't wait to see him again. She was already missing him.

She slipped on a pair of white heels and made her way down the stairs. She stepped out the house and took a deep breath. She walked to the Garrison and greeted people that she hadn't seen in a long time. She entered the Garrison and opened the doors to the private room.

John, Esme, Finn and Arthur were already in there.

"Yes, here she is". John shoued, a wide smile was spread across his face.

Lili smiled widely at him."Johnny". She said excitedly. She wrapped her arms around him and sighed when he hugged her. She had missed him.

She smiled and hugged Esme. "How are you? How's London?" She asked. Lili smiled. "i'm good. London is good too. Just glad to be home. How are you?" After the women had a small catch up she hugged Arthur. "Ello Artie". She said. She let out a loud laugh as he spun her around. She winked at him and turned to Finn. "You've grown even more since the last time I saw you". She said as she pulled him in for a hug.

She sat down beside Finn and smiled.

"So how they treating you in London?" John asked. She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah good. Alfie is actually really nice, like really nice. I still don't believe half the things people told Tommy about him". She answered.

She turned as the door opened, revealing Polly and Tommy, as theywalked in.

"You alright Tom?" Arthur asked.

"Right it's mild or mild Finn?" John asked.

Finn smiled and answered. "Mild".

Lili smiled and wrapped an arm around the youngest Shelby.

They all looked up when the door opened. "Here He is look". Arthur said.

They all stood up as Michael walked in, with a smile on his face. John, Finn and Arthur cheered as the door closed.

"Happy birthday Michael". Tommy said shaking his hand.

"18 years old today, your a man today. Give him a drink John boy". Arthur muttered.

"There you go lad". John said.

"And after that we'll go find you a lady for the night". Arthur said smirking.

Lili rolled her eyes and let out a small laugh. She smiled and walked up to Michael smiling. "Happy birthday Michael". She said softly wrapping her arms around him.

He smiled at her. "Thank you Lili. It's good to see you back too". He said. She smiled and rubbed his arm. "Don't get to use to it, I'm leaving again tomorrow". She said..

"Michael". Tommy said handing him over a small black box.

Lili smiled when he opened it up to present a pocket watch. "So your never late for work". Tommy muttered.

"Welcome to the business Michael". John said.

"Welcome to the business". Arthur muttered.

"Thank you". Michael said smiling widely.

"Right let's get him drunk". John said grabbing Michael.

"No. He's got work tomorrow. Only dark mild for him". Tommy said pointing his finger at his two brothers.

"A toast to Michael". Tommy said as he raised his glass.

Lili smiled and raised her glass in the air.

John, Lili and Arthur had drank for the entire night. The next morning they where all dying. After a quick goodbye Lili and Arthur rushed to Charlie's. They got to their boat and lay down.

"I feel like I'm going to die". Lili groaned as she put a blanket over her face, covering the sun from her eyes.

"That's what happens when you drink a whole bottle of whisky to yourself". Arthur muttered.

Lili smirked and shut her eyes. "Just go to sleep. We'll be in London in no time". She muttered.

The four days went really quick. Lili smiled at Arthur as he walked her to her flat. It was late now. "You coming in?" She asked.

"No, I'm going to take the Eden club from Sabini. Got a few Peaky men waiting for me. I'll see you in a few days with are meeting with Alfie and Billy". He said as he kissed her cheek.

"Be careful". She said. She turned around and walked inside.

All she wanted was to sleep in a proper bed. After a quick catch up with her house maid she made her way to bed, falling into a deep slumber.