Ninety Seven

Lili placed loads of kisses on Tommy's head as he was sitting down on his chair. "Why didn't you tell me to come with you Tommy". She whispered as she wrapped her arms around him, her eyes soft.

"I didn't want you getting hurt or worse, killed Lili". He whispered back. Tommy had told her everything, what transpired after he left the hospital, with Luca and his men chasing him.

"Come on, we have a meeting". She whispered, holding onto his hand as they walked into the kitchen. A few seconds later the family started to take their seats, it wasn't the same without John.

Lili watched as Arthur started to sprinkle some cocaine on the table, causing her to roll her eyes. "What the fuck happened today Tom? We all heard shooting in Artillery Square". Arthur said.

Lili turned her head to look at Tommy as he looked out the window. "Yeah, there was. Today, I killed three men. Now our enemies will have to act". Tommy muttered, his hands clasped. He turned around to look at everyone.

Arthur nodded his head as he looked down at the table. "I suppose, they er...I suppose they took you by surprise did they?" Arthur asked.

"No, I knew they were coming". Tommy answered. Lili placed her hand on his back, rubbing it gently.

"Just after Christmas, I received a letter from Luca Changretta. Offering to spare my son, if I gave up Tommy. And I gave up Tommy up". Polly said, as she held her mug in her hands.

"Because that was the plan that Polly and I agreed on. I knew that Luca, would want to pull the trigger himself". Tommy muttered.

Lili looked at Arthur as he snorted the cocaine. "So I used the set-up as bait to bring him in". Tommy said.

"You're a fuckin' idiot Tom". Arthur muttered.

"Look, I didn't get Luca, but I got three. All right? That's what happened. Come here you". Tommy said as Charles stood in the door way. He lifted him up in his arms and turned to face the family. Lili smiled and grabbed her Godson's hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"Ah, but, he's right. I mean, I thought you'd gone soft". Johnny Dogs said, as he let out a chuckle.

"So you got three?" He asked.

"Yeah, I got three". Tommy answered.

"Well, I'll drink to you Tom. You mad bastard". Johnny said. Lili rolled her eyes at him and looked at Charles. "Ignore the mad man angel". She whispered, causing Charles to smile widely at her.

Lili watched as Arthur walked towards them. "Pretty soon, you're gonna get the shakes. When your blood cools down. Let go get a drink". He muttered.

"Dad, you got three what?" Charles asked.

Tommy smiled down at his son. "I got three shillings on a two shilling horse, my boy". He answered.

Lili smiled and grabbed Charles from Tommy. "Why don't me and you go upstairs, and you show me some of you toys eh?" She asked, a wide smile on her face.

Arthur smiled and ruffled her hair. "Your a good mother to him you know. Bet you can't wait to have some of your own". He said.

Lili let out a laugh as she shook her head. "That won't be happening anytime soon". She muttered.

She walked up the stairs with Charles on her hip. "Right, what should we play with then?" She asked, a smile on her face.

She sat down on the floor with him and grabbed a toy horse. They played for hours until it was time for him to go to bed. Lili tucked him into his bed and gave him loads of kisses on the head. Charles let out a little giggle as she did so. "Night my little hero". She whispered.

Charles turned around and cuddled the horse teddy bear that Lili got for him. She turned the light of and shut the door behind her walking down the stairs.

She sighed when Finn came stumbling in drunk. "Right, let's get you to bed buddy". She muttered, throwing one of his arms around her. Lili helped Finn up the stairs and opened his bedroom door open.

She pulled of his shoes and put him into bed, giving him a kiss on the head. "Goodnight Finn". She whispered, as she tucked him in. Lili let out a sigh as she walked out of his room.

She made her way to her bedroom and flopped down on the bed, letting out a sigh. All she needed was a decent night sleep.