Twenty Eight

Like every morning, Alfie would wait outside and bring her to work. The two would engage in a small conversation and then enter the building. From there they would go in and hang up there coats.

Today Lili was walking with Ollie. She raised her eyebrow when she heard shouting. Both Ollie and herself walked over.

She sighed and leaned on a wall, watching Alfie shout at his men.

"This is an important shipment mate. Why the fuck did you miss it out huh?" He screamed.

"I've asked you a fucking question mate, now fucking answer it". He shouted.

"It wasn't be sir, it was Elijah". The man muttered.

Alfie nodded his head and turned around for a second. His eyes finding Ollie's. "Ollie mate, good your here. Was it Elijah?" He asked.

"No sir. He was the one who was doing the packing, Elijah was the one who was putting them in the back of the loading trollies". Ollie answered.

Alfie nodded and turned around, whacking the man in the face with a full force. "Don't fucking lie to me. What is it with the men in this place huh?" He shouted.

Lili bit her lip and kicked her leg off the wall as she walked over. She placed her small hand on his arm.

Alfie turned around to look at her, his eyes finding Lili's. She could see his body shaking in anger. "Why don't you give me a proper tour around you bakery seeing I'm going to be here for while. That way if any of my men get lost I can help them, instead of them bothering your men". She said as she slipped her arm through his.

"I'm busy right now mate. Ollie will bring you". He said. He slipped his hand out as he went towards the man on the ground.

"No, no. You can bring me. Ollie can sort this mess". She said as she hooked her arm through his again. She smiled at Ollie and started to walk, dragging Alfie along.

Alfie frowned and looked down at the smaller girl beside him. Her long hair was pinned back into a bun. She only wore a silky gloss on her lips, nothing else covered her face. He shook his head and looked away. He didn't know why he was looking at her like that, even thinking of her for a start.

"Alfie, I would much prefer if you came to me if any of my men or Billy's men mess up. I'll take it into my own hands, I'd rather my men conscious or alive, rather then dead". She said looking up at him, her eyes soft.

He knew she meant no malice with her words, more concern for her men. Something he admired.

Alfie nodded and stopped for a moment, his eyes on the men as they worked. She stopped and looked up at him.

"You know Alfie, I admire you. Using your "Bakery" as a cover for what really goes on in here. It's a shame the boys back home don't think of things like that". She said.

He looked down at her, his eyes lingering on her lips for a moment before he looked back into her eyes.

"I won't keep you Alfie, I know you're a very busy man. Maybe later you can let me try that white bread you talked about so much". She softly muttered.

She smiled at him and walked away going to find Ollie.

Alfie frowned and watched as she walked away. Apart of him wanted her to stay.

He shook his head and walked off. He needed to find someone to shout at so he could take his mind of a certain hazel eyed girl.