66: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"I-I do not understand..." Dream stuttered her words as new information is coming into her.

The owl moved it's body like it was thinking.

"Hmm, well I guess it is hard to understand especially if what you all been taught is half of the truth."

"Half of the truth?"

"Yes, so young lady, serve me some tea and cookies and this might take awhile."

Dream jumped from the owl's suggestion. She does not want to hear unnecessary information as it will be an addition to her problems.

"No thank you!"

The owl became astonished from the girl's reaction.

"Oh dear, don't you know how valuable the information I am about to share?"

Dream is a bit irked about the owl's elegant yet looking down posture. But Dream brave it up to show that the gesture is unnecessary. Dream believes that she should just learn all the information that everyone knows. Knowing more is not healthy anyway especially if all she wants is to extend the life she was granted by her parents. Dream does not want to live in anxiety and depression in this life, unlike her former one.

"I am a princess! I believe I know more than the people outside the castle. And the castle is providing me information just enough for my needs." Well she thought to herself, it is specifically the old and not well kept library of the Spade's Castle that is giving her the knowledge she needs in this world she is now living in.

"But you only know half of the truth. If you just wander around, no, more likely if you just let time pass by, you will be the youngest Clover seal bearer that will die. Probably all the seal bearers will be the youngest to die in this continent's history."

Dream was dumbfounded by the hint of information the owl shared.

"Youngest? Do you mean, all of us with the seal are fated to die young at this generation?"

"Oh you catch on quite well!!"

The owl clapped it's wings. That irritated Dream more but the information that she got is not something she could just set aside. After all, it is not only her, but also Queenie and Dia's life too.

Dream does not have any knowledge about the Spade seal but she was thinking that she might meet that person when she start wandering around Spade. After all, the seals calls out to each other. However, that might not be case.

"You see, something about the fate of this continent revolve around us the seals. We are the foundation that are keeping the balance of these continent. There are two other continents, but they have their own things."

The owl shrugged it's feathered shoulders like it is a common knowledge. Everyone knows that this continent is a large piece of land in this world, though many especially the one's that been educated, are aware that there are lands beyond the continent. However, no one is interested with that information to further the knowledge about the lands beyond. This continent is busy enough being conquered by the Empire. If the legend had taken place thousands of years ago, that proves how vast this continent that no one have an extra life time to worry about the other continents.

Little do everyone know, the other continent have substantial interest on this side of the world. Which proves the Duke of Leo being from a foreign land.

The owl continued on explaining.

"When God decided to give this land souls capable of knowledge. Our great Father sent down four of his beloved angels. When the four of them settled down on the four corners of this continent, their presence promoted evolution on humans. With them sharing knowledge, this continent started forming units. It was a good thing until the four angels got drown into their emotions and I was born."