Part 8: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

I watched the man trembled with pain. I looked down on the table filled with nothing. Yes, nothing. I feel sorry but it is a shallow feeling.

'I feel empty.'

People come and pass, like the wind, they will graze our skin, however, no matter how much we try to grasp them and keep them, they will slipped out of our touch and leave. In the end, all we have left is ourselves.

I looked at the man who was so excited earlier, and now with the look of denial. And then I look back into the big human who is looking out through the window, trying to hide his emotions from the world.

'I feel empty, but at the same time, it still hurt.'

Is it my throat? It feels like something is stuck. I want to say something.

"Pa..."

The two men stared at me. Then I return the gaze with my two pair of vermilion eyes, I opened my mouth and a syllable came out, "pa...."

His glistening eyes surges some unknown emotions and unknowingly, I started crying. The confused man ran up to me and held me up to his bossom.

.........

The short hics from the tiny human started to slow down and became sporadic.

"It seems that she is falling to deeper sleep." Whispered by Kaleid, who took a peek of the face of the crying little human.

She is nine month old, she should be able to speak few words already, and it should not been surprising. But the syllable that she pronounced had become a wake up call to me.

"You left me someone too precious Magdalene."

Kaleid who stepped out for a bit, came back quietly to my side, with my big coat on his arms.

"What is that for?"

The man then spread the coat on the coffee table and then surrounded it with big thick books from the shelves.

He stood up proudly afterwards and said, "A crib, my king" with his shiny eyes, "please lay down the princess."

"I do not think that is appropriate."

"Do not worry my king, the coat have your smell on it, and will make the princess feel at ease. She looks like, she is in heaven in your embrace."

I cannot really stand this man's flowery words, so I laid down the tiny human on Kaleid's 'minute craft crib'.

"It will be easier to check up on the princess this way too."

Kaleid who have sharp senses when it comes to people's health due to his former profession, had already noticed the unusual small build of the tiny human.

He carefully held her tiny little fingers, and softly squeezed her arm. Then he proceeded to feel her hair and looked closely at her complexion.

"May I, my king?" His hand is positioned on top of the tiny human's belly. Kaleid is asking for permission, to check on her abdomen.

After I gave him a brief nod, Kaleid, lift up the tiny dress, and tap her stomach gently. It only lasted for five seconds and Kaleid gently cover the tiny human's stomach and spread down the short white fabric on his arm, to blanket the sleeping little human.

My eyes looked at Kaleid's eyes, with questions of "how was it?"

Kaleid with his Butler manners, gracefully lead the way to my office table. Kaleid wants to avoid the conversation next to the sleeping princess.