Part 15: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Magdalene and I conceded the former king's last will. I became King, the current Queen kept her title, the eldest son is the crown prince, the two younger sons are second and third in line for the throne, and Magdalene had became a royal consort.

I renovated the one side of the palace and added  a new garden and named it the Clover garden in honor of Magdalene who's is technically my real wife.

I tried to make that side of the palace with Clover's aesthetic as close as possible. It is the only thing I can do, to show my favor to my original wife.

The people outside the castle knows less of the Royal family's current affairs. Especially, with my face identical to my brother and my two younger nephews calling me their father, sooner or later, people outside the castle or even the servants will think the current Queen is my wife.

I barely know the kind of person Queen Anne is, and she might be my brother's wife, but that not exonerate her from the possibility of being one of the enemies.

The woman barely show herself ever since I took over. Out of respect, I refrained having a coronation ceremony. The woman seems relaxed about my decision, or what she wants us to see her as be. Right now, everything works in her favor, even if she is not my legal wife.

Everything falls short on Magdalene's side, in sense of politics anyways. My life with Magdalene stays the same, we eat together in every meal, spend time together, and share the same chamber. The only difference is that we cannot be with our son, who was left behind in Clover Country.

The servants, whispers towards themselves, however we do not pay any heed. We do not have an extra time to do so.

I started my search for the Diamond bearer. The former told me that he must be closer than I thought. Just to be sure, the Duke of Virgo look for him in Clover Country too. The Spade bearer and the Clover bearer manifested in Clover Country after all, it would not be strange at this point if the Diamond might be there too.

I ordered Kaleid to locate the closest people I had when I was here in Spade and in the academy in Diamond Country that I used to go to in my younger days. When I thought of the academy, there is one person that stood to me the most.

Benjamin Staedtler, an orphan who was adopted by the Duke of Libra of the Diamond country. Benjamin's origins were unknown but he shows an exponential talent above all others. He have a way with people, and always manage to take over the people who bullies him because of his commoner blood. He is the tactical and manipulative type and he loves making people ran around his craftiness. He is like a fox, that whispers hidden truths, give you hints and make you doubt everyone around you.

Because it is an act that happens quite often in Spade, Benjamin's actions did not affect me and I tried to avoid the person altogether. Benjamin noticed a different color of chess piece on his board and approached me himself. I tried to get away and avoid him, but the campus is already his one big chess board. It was easy for him to trapped me even if I am the strongest person in the campus.

"We can do this until we graduate, but I only want to be your friend." I remember him saying, and gave me the most eerie smile I had ever seen in my life. I conceded and let the man pull the reigns over me.

We were sickeningly close, and did every evil that a teenager could do. The academy let it pass most of the time because Benjamin planned it all with perfection and with no hard evidence against us. However one day, he disappeared. Like a wind that howls around me and blew the world around me, he is gone without a trace.

Even during my wandering days, I thought fate will let us meet again. However, that is only a wishful thinking.

While Kaleid was combing the Empire, looking for people that I used to know, including Benjamin, I was busy taming the dukes of the Spade country.