46: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"Deliver this to the head of treasury and this to the head of agriculture and this to the grand general and this one get it deliver to the Duke of Leo and... That should be for now, but come back right away."

Even though Benjamin did not have a very good night sleep, he does not have time to whine. The events from the previous night had added more work on his desk.

The errand boy he gave a lot of documents to be delivered to different departments gave him a meaningful look before taking himself out of his office. When the lad is gone, he sighed and he can feel the edges of his ears burn.

'Damn! Did the knights had spread the news already? I wanna kill myself.'

He cried to himself. Women can gossip all day long but words of mouth from the knights travel way faster.

"THOSE MORONS..."

Benjamin wants to reprimand the Knights for not taking the oath of confidentiality a bit more serious but this is not Spade and Diamond treats their subordinates with dignity and royalty. Benjamin wants to stay on the prideful ruler kind of leader, in spite of his flamboyance, that is how he get tantamount of respect even not having the diamond seal on his body.

"You know! I built that kinda image! The I do what I want type so follow me kinda aura!"

Benjamin noticed that he is quite broken inside so he gave up on being the serious type of a person and decided to just winged it and be happy, after all there is only one life and so why should he waste it on being considerate and being sad.

The people of Diamond was surprised to have Benjamin as a ruler next to the Emperor. Of course, they will refused being ruled by someone like him if it is not because of the diamond seal. That is the main reason why Benjamin ran away when he learned he was blessed with the seal in the past. He was only a kid who is scared to fall deeper into something, he does not want to do.

Though with all the running, he still came back here...

"Argg! My image!"

"What are you mumbling about?"

Benjamin was startled by the familiar voice. He looked up and saw Joseph.

"Y-yo....."

Benjamin was so surprised, he could only say that word with a half broken smile.

'Aren't we in bad terms right now?'

Joseph did not pay attention to Benjamin's awkward demeanor and invited himself to sit on the couch.

Benjamin is lost for words. He does not know why the man visited him, he knows for sure that he did not ordered him to come here. Or....

Benjamin hid half of his face with the document at hand and whispered a question.

"Did you hear about it already?"

Joseph stretch his hand to grab a single grape that is sitting on the tea table, then popped it to his mouth.

"Yup." He said while chewing the grape.

"Arrggg! My image!" Benjamin cried. There had not even a single day passed and he cannot believe that it already pass all the way to the country of spade.

A chill ran towards Benjamin's back while imagining all the looks of the dukes when he hold a royal meeting with the all of them.

He slammed his head on his desk and tried to bury his embarrassment.

"I will be labeled as a weak daddy's boy... No, someone with complex...daddy complex?! Nooo!!!"

"Why? You killed all your assassin's right? The problem is how to explain how they got in even though, you supposedly the diamond seal bearer and have the power to make the barriers against your enemies."