55: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"Your Highness!!!"

The disgruntled young lad open the door.

"Oh my! You found me already?"

In spite of his haggard breathing, Leo, the personal secretary and knight of Benjamin, stepped forward and grab the older man's collar.

"I want to hit you so bad."

Benjamin laugh and tap the young man's shoulder.

"That is not something you should say to an Emperor."

Benjamin stepped back and started walking back to his office.

"Please go back to your desk."

"I am, I am," Benjamin snickered.

If he is someone else, Leo's head had been long gone from his own shoulders but Benjamin treasure this rare knight of his. In the Empire, only a handful of people scold Benjamin like this, the king of Spade, the Duke of Leo, this knight of his who is the heir of the Duke of Leo and who happens to have the name of Leo too and Kaleid, the outstanding butler of the King of Spade.

"You should just be my black knight."

"I humbly decline."

"That's a quick answer. Can you at least think about it?"

"I decline, your highness."

"I've been dumped!" Benjamin start showing off his sulky face.

"Sire, that is an unbecoming face for an Emperor."

Benjamin stepped back and grabbed Leo's arm. Leo is a bit taller than Benjamin and when he rub the side of his face on Leo, Benjamin's face perfectly landed on Leo's shoulder.

"I am lonely, boo hoo."

Leo felt a sudden urge to slug the Emperor's throat but he held himself. When Leo looked at the other knights in the hallway, they all look away.

Leo sighed and whispered so only the man leaning on his shoulder could hear it.

"Until when are you going to play like this?"

"Until they all think I am not interested and give up sending women to my chamber."

"The reason they do not stop, is because you do play with those women."

"Right! It is so hard to resist temptations."

"What is the point of pushing the heart seal bearer away?"

"Hey! Are you that jealous and you wish me to commit pedophilia?!"

"Well, it is tradition." Leo responded in a nonchalant manner, then soon after, he felt a really cold presence coming from the Emperor.

"That is the root of all." The Emperor's voice can be heard through the walls with his rage. "Tradition this, tradition that and tradition their ass!!"

Leo looked at the Emperor's face with dismay. 'And this is why the Empire's moral is going down.'

Benjamin caught Leo's gaze. "I know you are thinking something really rude. If it is morality, then those traditions is beyond morality. My predecessor, how many heart seal bearers he had in his life time, it is plain sickening."

"And that is why, you were born." Leo whispered a snide remark.

Benjamin just returned it with a sharp gaze and continued on.

Benjamin remember the story nights the former Emperor and Dia had. Dia had an unusual interest with the founding of the empire. He loves the story of the four angels who came down to the lands and bear the seals to protect the humanity. For the first time, Benjamin heard about the true nature of their ancestors, and in spite of them being a legendary characters, there is no way to refute their existence.