61: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"I said! I want you to wear this dress today!!"

Dream is utterly flabbergasted at the moment. The dress that the queen is shoving to her is a bright red frilly dress. Dream is not aware what is the customs of this world regarding mourning, however, she does not wants to wear a red clothing.

Her brother, Soliard had stopped by before he went back to Heart Country. He delivered the sad news to them about the passing of the King of Spade. The queen kept asking for the body of the king, however, all the Imperial Crown Prince did was, shake his head and looked at Dream with a sharp gaze.

Dream at that time felt his world had stopped. She could not feel or hear anything. She could not remember the emotions she had the day before after hearing the news of her father's plan coming back home after so long. The feeling of wanting to see him again had became blurry. Her whole body felt numb and her throat was unbelievably dry.

'What am I supposed to feel right now?' Is the only thought she came up to herself.

"Dream!!!"

Dream snapped out of it when she felt her body being shook by the queen.

"I said wear this!"

The older woman shoved the frilly red dress to Dream's body and turned around.

"I want you be done in five minutes!"

Dream was left inside the dressing room with the dress on her arms. She slowly turned her head to the side to see her reflection on the mirror. Dream see her unruly black hair and her red eyes that is matching the color of the dress on her hands. Her very pale complexion is making the red color stand out.

"What am I supposed to feel right now?" She asked the same question she had asked to herself when she heard the news of her father passing. Dream saw her eyebrows twitching. She looked at the dress in her arms.

'Should I really stay here?'

Dream had thought of staying because she feels like she could find some closure, to be exact her soul could get at least one kind of closure. Especially, there is a new feeling inside her that is waiting to burst out.

Dream rubbed the dress unto her face.

'I do not want to cry but at the same time, I just wish I could cry it out.'

But she is scared, too scared to recognized the new feeling of lost. What if when she let it all out, she could no longer stop the rushing emotions. What if it makes her weaker.

Dream was so lost in her thoughts that she jump when the older woman burst back into the dressing room.

"Why are you not changed yet?!" She yelled.

The queen grabbed Dream's skinny arms and flunged her outside of the dressing room. Dream have sturdy body and won't break that easily, however, her porcelain skin do bruise easily. A big hand mark was left from where the queen grabbed her. Then the older woman forcefully stripped off her clothes and thrown it to the side. The maids with severed tongues looked anxious but did not dare to move from their positions. They are scared that if they interfere, not only their tongues will be severed.

"Now, it should not be so hard to put on that dress."

Dream could feel the gaze of the other people in the room. She felt shame from the actions that the Queen had done. However, she felt more shame from the exposed skin that everyone is seeing. The skin that is always covered by her sleeves are out in the open. The ugly bluish and purple bruises that she was trying her best to hide and ignore.