Part 2: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

I woke up from the flash of lights and the heavy roar of thunder. The sound of rain hitting the ground indicates the formation of floods.

'cough, cough, cough, cough...'

My mother's coughs had gotten worst, and from some concerns I heard from Faith, Magdalene started coughing blood. It had gotten so bad that she could not hide the blood anymore from her faithful lady in waiting.

It had been three months since I was born. True to their words, my bloodline is ahead than my peers, and I am able to sit now before I even turned three month old. Even so, I cannot still lay my eyes on my mother.

' I want to meet you.'

Slam!!  The big sound of the door being opened startled me, and an unknown arms rolled me over a soft blanket and scooped me up.

'wait.. what is going on?'

"This is no longer a suitable room for a child, lady Magdalene."

With a tone of resignation, my mother replied, "I understand."

And just like that the woman who is carrying me walks towards the door. I don't know any of this people, but that woman....

"I am her child" 

I wiggled my body, and I feel like there is a stone stuck on my throat. My chest feels like it is being squeezed. It is unbearable. I uncontrollably cried from the top of my lungs, screaming is easing the pain but at the same time the feelings become heavier. Then a light sob can be heard from the corner of the room, and I know it is her. When I thought I could not cry any louder, the thoughts that I might never ever see her in this life made me cried like my life depends on it.

'A parent could decide to hate their child  but that little life will always instinctively love the one who brought them to life.'

Those words came flooding into me. It was words I told to a friend in my past life. I remember when I said those words, I felt no remorse nor pain. However today, those words hit my inside like a thousand needles. It is painful, it hurts! But why, in this life, there is nothing I can do, again, and again. Why?

..........

The thunder and lighting had been dancing in the skies for months now. I am nine months old now and I could walk and run already. The new maids that are taking care of my needs are quite so surprised at my fast faced growth.

I sulked and tried not to act cute nor pay attention to the new maids. Moreover, there is no point, every week I see an unfamiliar face, and it turns out, I am losing the ability to have an attachment. Probably it is all part of a sinister plan.

The room I have now is a normal nursery room, but it seems this room used to raise twins. There were two of everything. And the two sides of the room were divided with a sun and moon.

'Hmm... I'll take a guess, the kids' names are Soleil and Luna.'

"Princess it is time for your meal. Our Princess surely is not a morning person, our Princess woke up quite late."

'Can't you use pronouns? I am sick with this, princess this, princess that.'

It had been half a year, since that day, I cried my eyes out, however, I have not seen even the shadow of my mother, the queen nor even Faith, who I thought will be my nanny. Thankfully the maids who were taking care of me wasn't so bad, though there are several events they forget to feed me or don't tend my teething fevers. Well, I am the easiest baby to take care of, I don't cry, and I just basically sits still.

'My dear Father, if you had just let me became a stone, I will be a perfect one.'

I gaze upon the window. ' they could had at least put my crib next to the window. I love watching the grasses dance with the wind, the trees bustling and the different kinds of birds enjoying their freedom... Freedom.'

I look at my arms, and my pale skin can blind me now. I think the queen plans to keep me here forever. I do not mind, I can live like a rock in this room. However, I want to see the outside. Will the maids gets scared if I climb out of this crib?

'Oh well, they will just think I am overdeveloped already and have curiosity already, babies are suppossedly curious anyway.'

I started tying my blankets together, and tied the one end on my crib, it should be strong enough. I stood up and get ready to climb up and down.

'Though, the maids will be really surprised if they see this blankets tied up like this, funny who taught this toddler about such idea.'

When I am going down through the blankets, the tie became loose and my bottom painfully slam the ground.

'Ow, I did not think  much about my weight, I guess I am not that smart enough.' 

I think I should just untie the rest of the blankets, now the maids will just think I dangerously jump over the crib. I shall thank this genes, I might not had been born as a stone, seems like my bones were made as stones. I start toddling to the windows, the pain on my buttocks might leave some bruises but I am so excited to see the outside world to worry about the pain.

'Yeah, I am not so smart as I thought.'

The windows were too high for this toddler. 'Should I go climb this curtains?' as I was testing the durability of the curtains, the door slammed open. It startled me, so I unconsciously hidden behind the curtain.

'What the? A beast?'