Part 13: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

(Joseph's perception)

I wonder if mornings will be like this from here on? I unconsciously sighed. In the past, the Queen never leaves her side of the castle. She probably loath the scene between me and Magdalene. Well, we were the real married couple and so when Magdalene was still alive, the Queen held herself from voicing her opinions.

The Spade country end up with a weird Royal relationship somehow. When my brother became king, he married Anne who is betrothed to him since birth. Anne was born and raised in Heart country, when her parents confirmed that she did not have the heart seal symbol, they betrothed her right away to another country of the Empire.

The Heart country's Royal are the lineage of the queens, and the person who is born with the heart symbol marries the Emperor of the Empire. It was believed that if the heart bearer and the Diamond bearer conceived a child, there is a higher chance that the child will be the next Diamond bearer. 

"Hey! I heard your mornings been lively!"

I was greeted by a man who is sitting comfortably on the sofa when I opened the door in my office.

I ignored him and sat down the little human on my desk, then sat myself on my seat.

"Thank you for getting rid of those weeds." I meant the barbarians running havoc in my territory.

"No worries! Though I guess, if it is you who had handled the situation it wouldn't last more than a day to clean up. But hey, anything for my Kaleid!"

Kaleid perfectly opened the office door with a tray of snacks on his hands. He gave the man on the sofa with a disgust look, but said nothing.

"My Lord, please do not place the princess on the table. It is dangerous! My Lord can place her in the crib, I had made yesterday."

Kaleid placed the tray on my table, and offered a piece of strawberry on the little human.

"It seems there are more space on my desk Kaleid."

"Yes, my Lord, I had tossed the unreasonable, unreadable and incomprehensible request of the nobles."

Kaleid proudly bragged the work he had done.

"Well done." I started to focus on the remaining documents on my desk. There is still a great a amount left even after Kaleid's interference. I knit my brows from the boiling frustrations inside me.

"Are you guys just going to ignore the great me?" He stood up and stomp his feet.

"A noble should not act like that, Sir Benjamin." Kaleid start pouring hot tea onto two cups he brought.

"Oh, are you finally going to teach me the right ways of nobles and come to my side?" He sneered.

But Kaleid who seems to be used of the man's advances just ignore him, this act seems made the man sad. But his spirits went back up again when paid his attention to someone else.

"Well, will you look at that! A mini Joseph! Hello little on-" Benjamin shifted his attention to the quiet little human on my table but that made me mad for some unknown reason.

"Don't touch her."

Benjamin raised both of his hands, and shows that he did not meant any ill intention. "Oh okay, big boy!"

From a good distance he observe the little human. "Wow, look at those eyes, she is just an exact copy of you but girl version, if you were this pretty, I'll definitely chase your-"

"Ahem! Ahem! Please mind your words in front of a child." Kaleid interfered this time.

"You guys are so strict and stiff, look this child will take after you guys  and will turn into a stone, or is she one already? She just been sitting there and zoning out. By the way, where is Magdalene, a congratulatory is a must."