Part 5: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

'Did this man just ripped my clothes?!' I am quite surprised but I guess it is not surprising with this man's muscles, even his fingers is quite ripped. That sounded weird.

Then we both sat on the tub, though he is still holding me, because the tub is too deep for the tiny me. I look back and saw his contented face. He might not have been able to relax, especially coming from war and finding out his beloved had passed. Though, when he remembers again, he might bawl his eyes out for another batch of buckets.

'This man, in spite of his built, he is quite adorable. My mother and this man might be a sight to see. Too bad I will never witness it.'

SLAP!

The sound made me jump a little bit.

'What are you doing big guy?' I looked back him and saw him just rubbing his face, he might be feeling like crying again. I stared for too long and then our eyes met.

"I am sorry for startling you." It seems he is aware of his size and the impact of his movements with his big body... Or not!

'Wait stop!' I did not had time to hold my breath and this man poured water on me with his big palm. I choke on some water, and before I knew it, I am up on the air.

"Oops, sorry again."

'I am starting to think you hate me.'

After a fifteen minutes soak, he said "okay we're done!" And stood up and grabbed some Cotton's to dry us up.

'Wait, old man?! No scrubbing? We will build unknown germs if we do this everyday.'

I must be really making such a weird expression and he added, "Wow, you are one expressive fellow. Well as much as I want to scrubs and wash our heads, I should refrain doing that with you yet. You are so tiny, you might lose all your hairs and have injuries."

'That make sense. Wow man, you are good at reading me already. Am I that expressive? The maids kept saying I look like as hard as a rock, just like you.'

The maids kept saying that they are scared and might quit when the king comes back from the war. People been spreading around this man's victories and achievements with conquering more lands for the empire. However, along side the praise is his hateful reputation for stomping human lives. They said, that every land this man had stepped on had hundreds of man died. With only his bare fist as a weapon, he tore his enemies limbs to limbs, and to avoid conflict with the empire receiving the land, this man makes sure no one alive to oppose. This man had been dragging his bloody feet for a bloody new beginning.

'I wonder how much truth this rumors carries.'

The man laid me down on the bed, and rolled me on cotton. He dressed himself with a loose thin fiber shirt and a pants that barely reached his achilles bone.

'I always wanted an Italian looking daddy.'

I unconsciously started sucking my thumb, I must be hungry already. When the man finished dressing up, he rung the bell next to the bed. He rung it once, then twice and then thrice. And a small figure opened the chamber's door.

"Yes, my king." The tiny little maid have her head quite too low. The maid is obviously trying to avoid eye contact with this man.

'Poor maid, did you lose the rock, paper, scissors game? Look at my Daddy's face, he was in so great mood, and you guys ruined it.'

With his face hard as a stone, he commanded the maid with icy tone to dress me up.

"Yes, my king." The maid walk to me in fast tiny steps. She tried to greet me in cheerful tone but you can see the horror on her face.

'You poor girl.'

"G-good morning, princess. Please let me help you with your dress."

I glanced at him with twinkling eyes.

' Hear that dad? This should be the second time you heard Princess.'

The crossed arm man look startled, then he rubbed his chin and unconsciously said. "No wonder, there is nothing."

I felt fury and wanted to throw something on his face. Now that I think about it, my mouth been feeling empty. This maids had been shoving pacifier to my mouth night and day. Probably they thought I will cry and will give them more work. Strangely though, those pacifiers were kinda addicting, I guess this maids are scared to show how they normally treat the princess while this King was gone, and I had not seen a pacifier.

"You are done, Princess." She sat me down and stood on her feet and bowed really low to the man who were just closely observing the whole time. "Yo-your highness, I will take the princess with me to feed her breakfast."

"No." He walked passed by the maid, and scooped me from the bed. "We will have breakfast together."

"Yes your highness, I shall inform the Butler."

"Butler... Where is my head butler, Kaleid?"

"Yo-your highness, the queen had sent Sir Kaleid to clean up the field."

"Clean up?" His cold glares had sent the maid on the ground.

"Y-yes your highness, the southern territory were in riots caused by barbarians."

"Barbarians, eh."

The maid stood up hurriedly, bowed and ran towards the door. She might not want to be asked for more questions. It is obvious that this people are trying to be careful on what they say. However, daddy, I feel sorry for your head Butler, he is just a Butler but was sent to get rid off barbarians.

He brushed his hair up with his free hand and said. "There is so much to do."

He walked out of the room and through the halls.

'Wow, I never knew that this place is ginormous. Well I am born as a princess, it is only natural to be inside a castle.'

This is the first in nine months I am walking out in this hallways. Though, I am being carried and not walking. The stairs are big, I unconsciously gripped harder on his clothes. He did not mind, and entered a big dining room. Upon opening the door, there is the queen and few of her attendants waiting. For a brief moment, the Queen's eyes were locked on me with no expression. She bowed lightly.

"Welcome back, your highness." And straightened her back with pride.

'Damn, those are huge knockers.'