54: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Kaleid entered the Clover Garden and saw the skinny young lady staring up on the Acacia tree.

"Good morning, princess."

The girl was a bit startled but she shortly turned her head and smiled back to return his greeting.

"Good morning, Uncle. It is such a nice morning we are having."

Kaleid stared at the young princess, she have grown a lot and he still remembered the first time he saw her.

"You have come a long way, Princess."

"Hmm?"

"No, just talking to myself. Princess you have a letter from the front vanguard."

The young princess lighten up upon hearing the word 'front', because it means the letter came from the battlefield and it means it is from the king.

The young Princess, gladly accepted the letter and sat under the shade of the Acacia tree.

Upon inspection from the princess's face, it means the king will be leaving the battlefield for a short while and rest back here to the castle. Though, Kaleid already knows the contents of the letter, word by word.

"Is it a good news, princess?"

"Hmm!!" She excitedly nod her head. "His highness will be back soon and he thinks he will rest for a month this time!"

"The princess must be so happy."

"Yes!" Dream is elated because it had been almost a year since she seen the big human.

Kaleid kept staring at Dream, she seems to be re-reading the letter. The young princess smiles a lot compare to when she was a baby, at some point Kaleid thought it is because the princess as a baby have a good level of understanding that Kaleid suspected that the princess is indeed the Clover seal bearer, though she have instances of showing a childish side, it looks like a deliberate action from her. However, as Kaleid watched her growing up and the King trying his best to teach her emotions and asking the young princess to smile more from the bottom of her heart, Kaleid is now in doubts.

'However, as it stands, no one is far more suitable than the princess herself, to be the seal bearer.'

Though it seems that through all these years, not only the clover is hard to find, but also the spade seal. Additionally, it is harder to confirm the real bearer of the Diamond.

"Princess, it seems that your childhood sweetheart had not visit you for years."

Kaleid knows that Benjamin was not the Diamond seal bearer, because his son inherited it, and that was confirmed by the man himself. However, as the former Emperor died, and so does the disappearance of the young wild lad. The king of Spade always reminds of Kaleid, how crafty and calculative Benjamin is. Did Benjamin killed the Emperor and the young child bearer of the Diamond, in order to secured the seal back to his body?

The princess fell in silence and a sad demeanor can be seen from her.

Not only the boy disappeared, but also his barriers that protect the princess's room and garden.

'That man, if he really did killed the boy, then my sister's...'

"Even Scarlet had not come back."

Kaleid return from his deep thoughts.

"Scarlet, the King's raven."

The raven had not been seen since the King lead the war, at first we thought the ever loyal bird, followed it's master to the battlefield. However, in the past, the raven will come back to the castle to deliver letters to Lady Magdalene. When the king came back to Spade for a little while, he said that the bird did not followed him, and he dropped it as that. The princess showed an endless worry for the bird whom she treats as her sister while growing up. The king knows that the bird had lived past it's life expectancy and probably chose to die away from it's love ones. The king prohibited Kaleid to not to say a single word of where the bird had come to, to avoid breaking the little princess's heart.