Part 26: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

It is finally the grand day in Spade, the birthday and coronation of the very first princess in a millenia.

I, Kaleid the Butler of the castle of Spade been busy since the queen bravely announced that the princess should be crowned and presented to the people in front of the King during one of their breakfast.

The King is my lord while the Queen is my mistress. I thought that there will be a conflict between the two, because the King was against of the celebration. However, after his unannounced trip to the country of Diamond to be in the presence of the great Emperor, something had change to my King and ordered me to help the Queen with the preparations for the celebrations.

Princess Dream, is the very first princess the castle of Spade will have in a millenia. The people had received the announcement about the precious child's existence and the people welcome the news with great anticipation.

I was surprised that the princess is being welcome by Spadians in great manner. I thought the people will be skeptical about the news because Princess Dream was conceived by a cohort, however, it seems Lady Magdalene's kindness was known to all people of Spade. The citizens knows that the new laws that were passed were somewhat identical to Clover Country and the people are thankful that the laws to protect the citizens were introduced by the precious Royal cohort.

With the news of the upcoming events, the only ones that are not being cooperative are the nobles of Spade. However, with the fear to their King, they do not have choice but to reluctantly comply. I have to make sure the security around the princess are perfect, I do not trust the nobles and also the Queen who may be trying to make it like she is working her hardest for this events, but she might be having a different ulterior motives.

The citizens had voiced themselves through the judges and asked the King for a permission to held a festival along the route of the castle. The King had passed the permission, and the outside of the Castle gates had been the liveliest it had been. The scene looks like that the ongoing feud of the royals and the citizens dissipated. It is a sign that the citizens are happy.

The nobles did not backed down, and proposed a grand ball after the coronation, with the Queen as their back up. They want it to be held inside the Castle but the King compromised and pushed it into the biggest garden at the front of the castle. The nobles planned to voice their dissatisfaction but the Queen supported the king's decision with an excuse that the preparation for the ball will be easier to be held where the coronation will happen.

The event will follows that the coronation will happen around the afternoon and the ball for the princess birthday party will happen soon after. The festival outside the castle will happen all day. The noble guests of the Castle that came from the other countries will be welcome by the festival. The royals have the choice to use the portal and step right into the castle right away.

I would say that the Queen had organized the event with perfection. Her calm and caring demeanor towards the princess is somewhat believable, but I still have to be alert at all times.

The princess and the King had been stucked together since they woke up this morning. The King stayed in the throne room with the princess on his arms to welcome the visitors of the Spade country. The tradition is quite different, where the prince or the princess will be only in presence of people after the official coronation. However, my King had been stubborn and not letting the princess out of his sight.

The King, had been more temperamental and on the edge since he came back from Diamond Country. The King had not been opened what is on his mind since then, I should asked Prime minister Benjamin when he gets here of what really happened that day.

"Oh my Kaleid, you are looking a lot older since I saw you."

"Duke of Virgo." I bowed my head to the respectable man in front of me.

"I am on my way to greet the King of Spade and the princess of Spade."

I can sense sadness in his voice and I felt my chest tightening.

"Yo-your Grace! Uhmm."

"Hmm.."

The Duke wait for me to compose myself. I always wanted to apologise, it feels like I did not did my best to protect his daughter, Lady Magdalene.

"Please forgive me, your grace." My voiced cracked and I felt my throat burning. I felt a gentle pat on my shoulder.

"It is no way, that it is your fault Kaleid, my daughter knows what she is going into when she left Clover. She is a very smart girl, she embraced her fate for the many."

I looked up, and with my blurry vision from the tears building up on my eyes, I saw the kind's man face full of regret.

"I feel like, I should had supported her more, as her father. She left me this tiny lives to protect, and I plan not to let go this time, Kaleid. I expect your utmost cooperation."

I stood up straight and said, "Of course, your grace!"

"Shall I meet my granddaughter."

Anticipation can be seen in his eyes, though a bit of little warning is a must.

"Your grace, the King is kinda temperamental lately and I beg you to please excuse his behavior."

The kind man smiles.

"You are a great friend Kaleid, Joseph is lucky to have you by his side. Do not worry, it is my job as his father-in-law to reason him out of this behavior of his."

I watched the kind Duke walk bravely to the throne room. This man, greatly remind me of late Lady Magdalene. It should be okay, My lord probably needs a nice and undisturbed conversation with the Duke.

I slapped both of my cheeks to raise my spirits up. Most preparations are done and the Queen is simply checking the final touches. Now it is my job to make sure the throne room is undisturbed until the two men inside had their fill in their conversation.