Part 11: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

As what I expected, the garden was left unattended. The Clover garden that the I granted to Magdalene, was known to the whole Empire from it's most beautiful roses, clovers and the oldest Acacia tree.

The roses are overgrown and the grasses are blocking the path and reaching up to my knee already. The only clean part of the garden is the area surrounding the Acacia tree. The clovers surrounding the tree prevented the grass from infesting further.

"Might as well investigate." According to the report, Faith hanged herself at this tree. Magdalene treats this tree like her bestfriend, for Faith to do such thing is unbelievable.

I put down the tiny human on the ground of clovers. When her skin touched the clovers her eyes got more redder from excitement.

"You can play around." I said when she looked up to me. Her face for the first showed a genuine emotion of happiness. It is such a warm feeling.

I started walking around the tree, and started inspecting the branches. The sun is starting to go down but there is still a good amount of sunlight. A big gush of wind made the tree tremble and I noticed a branch with looks like been disturbed quite a bit. I climbed the tree and sits on the next branch.

The tree is old and covered in a type of moss that take years to cultivate on the tree. On the branch I can see a set of feet that disrupted the moss and and neat lines next to it.

I believe the feet tracks came from the person who took down the body and the two lines are from the rope, Faith was hanging. The shoe tracks are all over the side of the line marks, it looks like they almost slid off the branch or they did it on purpose to get rid some tracks. The set of shoes here are men's. I don't see a shoe track that fits a woman. Which means, Faith did not climb the tree to tied up the rope. Also, the ropes are two neat lines, and there is no sign that there was a struggle between the dying person and the rope.

It is safe to assume, Faith is already dead when she was hanged.

I looked up on the tree. The wind is warm and the same time Cold, and it is dancing with leaves and flowers of the Acacia tree.

"I thought I was going to die first." I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. When I closed my eyes, all I see is her smile, with the wind dancing with her hair and her voice only calling out to my name.

"Joseph."

I suddenly opened my eyes and looked around with anticipation, and then the wind howls louder. I realized what I am doing, and slap my palm on my face.

"She is gone, Joseph, she is gone." The words just hit my heart with a hammer but it is a truth I need to face  or else I'll go crazy.

The howls gets louder and a whisper on the back of my ears made me beyond crazy. Her cold fingers rested on my shoulder and said, "Please take care of Dream." And the wind push a hundred of butterflies from my back and disappears with the dawn.

Unconsciously my hand were trying to grasp the staggering butterflies but they were out of reach already.

"Dream..."

I finally become aware of my surroundings and realize the night had fallen. I jumped off the branch and looked for the tiny human.

When she was not on the spot where I left her to, I panicked but when I glanced I little bit to the side and I saw her embracing the tree,  I sighed with relief. The tiny human is just staring off the sky where the butterflies disappeared into.

"Dream." I whispered and the tiny human looked back to me, and our eyes met.

A big black winged creature landed on my shoulder. And caw on my ear. Scarlet the raven looks like was done with her daily hunting and decided to say hello before perching on the Acacia tree. However, Scarlet did a tiny march on my shoulder which a code for rain or shower that will fall soon. It is a code we had for each other and it is really useful during war.