81: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"You're chirpy."

Night gently landed on Dream's shoulder with all of the elegance on the air.

The black round blob been observing Dream's state of emotion as soon as they stepped out of the borders of the Spade Country.

"Chirpy?" Dream asked Night with a smile on her face.

"You been smiling, not like it is a problem. It is a good thing actually, as happiness heals children."

Dream subconsciously touched her lips.

"Is it because you found a good ally for your people?"

"Hmm, that and I felt like we helped others too."

"You are quite lucky. Usually people does not like the ones that are different to them. That is the main reason people that are not born here were called outsiders....as they do not belong here. However, you are lucky your people readily accepted the deal with the foreigners."

"Hmm, is that the case?" Dream tilted her head.

"Huh? That is always the case."

"You see, the place I used to live at in my former life, people disregard such who is outsiders and who is insiders. People needs each other and instinctively learned to rely with each other. Of course, there are some that are elitist. But that is their choice, they can close their doors but they should let the ones who want their doors open kept being open."

"Sounds like a strange place to me but also a nice place. If people can understand each other and help each other, darkness like me will not grow in their hearts."

"There are people who will take advantage of it though. People who used the word freedom to create wars. Using the terms of kindness to help but in arbitrary make everything worse."

Dream showed sadness on her face after realizing the fact that nothing can go too smoothly. There are always variables.

"Tha...that.." Night suddenly felt panic.

The revered being just wants to compliment Dream. Due to her happy atmosphere and in the last months of them journeying the border of Spade had been light and enjoyable. Of course they have to stopped to some more towns and help them a bit. Seeing the child is happy full filling her duties, made Night happy too.

"Sigh..." Night let out a deep breath and pat Dream's head. "As I always says, you are a child and they are the adults. You have done your part, now it is their part to protect their own peace. Now, your job is to trust them."

"Trust..."

Dream look afar and she can see the vast desert of the Heart Country.

Desert are places with beautiful dunes and which sands are so fine that dance with a little brush of the wind. It will be an arduous journey from here until they reach the border of Diamond Country which is at the NorthWest of the Continent.

"Hey, wouldn't it been easier if we just walked out of the central?" Dream contemplated their decisions.

"As I told you, it is only possible to teleport out. And as I said so far only two people walked in there....well three. Your childhood sweetheart and his parents. I and Light deemed that fate. And even I and Light, does not know how they done it."

"Even the four angels never walked in there?"

"No, they never had the chance too. I and Light created the paradise after they went back up there."

"Hmm..."

"We wanted the four lands of the four countries, and that is why we have four seasons there. Autumn at the NorthWest, Summer at the NorthEast, Winter at the SouthEast and Spring at the Southwest."