62: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream looked around the assembly hall. The ordeal this morning about wearing this frilly red dress made her forget of what kind of mental stability she should have. Nervousness.

'I guess it was beneficial that we argued about the dress this morning.'

Dream unconsciously thought to herself. Unknown to her she is reliving a bad habit that she had in her past life. Making up excuses to the people who harm her mentally and physically.

Dream noticed all the ill gazes from the nobles. These gazes are far different from the noble ladies she met during the queen's tea parties. The older noble ladies' eyes were filled with fear, while these men's eyes were filled of ill intentions. Dream knew it so well from her previous life. It is the same eyes she received from her parent from her former life.

'These old men are not aware that I am not that kind of innocent and pure child.'

Dream knows that she should take advantage of the knowledge and experienced she had from her former lives. Even with her very first life as a thousand year old tree, she also had quite a lot of knowledge from observing the man kind at that time and setting.

Dream held herself from smiling and wear a poker face. Dream remembered the demeanor of her big human father. Dream believes that wearing a poker face is something a Spadian Royal way.

Dream decided that she will not show any weakness even if she is young in this lifetime.

'Ho-'

Lunard who is reading the atmosphere took note of the greedy nobles eyeing their young princess. Lunard believes, that the young princess will be feeling nervous from the sudden attention and this is the first time she is attending the assembly. But she is doing great.

'She is truly a Spadian royal.'

Lunard remembered his first assembly meeting, she had done it with the king of Spade and her supposedly twin brother, Soliard. Her and Soliard were hammered down by pressure and they had to cut the meeting short. As soon as the nobles exited the halls, the two young princes threw up on the ground.

'I guess you guys are still too young.'

Soliard at that time, seeks to be comforted by the king and the man opened his arms without any hesitation. At that time the young Lunard thought that the King was just understanding that they were young. But with today's events Lunard now have an inkling that that was not the case. The King of Spade might had known already that the twin princes are a hoax.

"We gathered everyone today to put everyone's mind at ease in regards of our King's current itinerary and the steps we should take in case the Empire ask for more reinforcement to conquer the Clover Country."

The voice of the queen snapped Lunard from her own thoughts. She stealthily shook her head and put her whole attention to what is happening right now.

'This is what important right now, in order for our plans to work, we have to make sure we tied down the Spade.'

They also have plans in case the Spade enter a civil war once again once the truth about the King comes out. However, they must suppressed the nobles of Spade as much as they could.

The nobles are buzzing with their whispers but Lunard knows that these nobles who always thinks of many ways to gobble up more power and overturn the royalty of Spade Country, also believes more than anyone that their king is the most omnipotent being that is alive. Even if rumors that the King is dead comes out, Lunard believes that no nobles of Spade will believe it unless they see the King's dead body. The Clover Country being quiet and not letting anyone in or out actually helps their plan to move along smoothly.