60: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Queenie leaned against the tub to feel the warm water to her body. She is full of worry and anxiety. The sudden development was a shocking event that shook her entire being. On top of that, she could not show a part of her breaking down. She does not want to put herself in danger, and make Ace worry for her safety when the young man is in a far more peril situation.

Queenie rubbed the warm water to her face. Before the closure of Clover Country, Queenie received a short report from Ace. All it says was,

'Be careful of Kaleid.'

Queenie could not understand that short message. When Soliard was summoned by the Emperor. Queenie stealthily went with the Imperial Crown Prince. Queenie had seen the unconscious man. He is pale and the physicians are doing their best to keep him alive. Queenie's heart sunk upon seeing the man bedridden. The steward was someone she always meet whenever she visits the Queen of Spade and the millenial princess. The man always give her noble advice and encouragement.

For Queenie who was suddenly put on a higher pedestal because of the seal of Heart on her cheek, it was tough for her not to derail from the path of just. But Queenie was glad to have all the nice noble supporting her and that includes Sir Kaleid.

She had watch the warm and closeness the steward have with the Millenial princess and her King Father of Spade. The steward was strangely close to with our Emperor. That is why she is not surprised that the Emperor is giving the bedridden steward the best physicians, equipment and medicines to cure him. 

Queenie wanted a comfirmation from Ace, however, it is entirely impossible right now. Even with the help of her subordinate from Clover Country who is currently disguising herself as her maid.

"Sasha." Queenie anxiously and quietly called out to her.

The maid enter the washroom with a soft back scrubber and essential oils on her arms. The maid put the items down and drop a few drops of essential oils unto the tub's water. There is a soothing smell of eucalyptus that is realaxing Queenie for a bit. The maid then grab the soft scrubber and gently scrub Queenie's back.

When the maid saw the barely visible scars on Queenie's back which is from swordmanship training. The maid speak softly, so that only the two of them could make her words audible.

"There are no additional reports and we could not connect anyone inside. We have tried connecting through our secret base on the border of Clover but it was the same. It seems that the Dukes had used the legendary spell."

The legendary spell. That is what they call it because it was a spell that was believe was used by the first Clover seal bearer in the legend to hide the Clover Country from the outside. No one believes that spell work because the last time it was used was during the legendary times, which way before the foundation of the Empire. And the legendary times have no proven testament that it did took place.

However, this legendary spell was passed down, generation to generation in Clover Country's nobility and royalty. The casting spell and how to do it were passed down with just by word of the mouth. Also according to the ancestors of the Clover Country, it is not an omnipotent spell, eventually, everyone from the outside who wants to step inside the Clover Country will be able to find a way to get inside. Just like the very first people of the Diamond seal bearer. 

However, in order for the spell to be created, they needed the Clover seal's power and the help of the duchy houses in the country. It seems that it work even with the Spade seal which Ace have. It might be even strurdier, because the Spade seal main attribute is protection.

No one in the Empire believes that such legendary spell is real and could still be created even without the Clover seal bearer. However, for the Clover Country to resort to this, it means the whole country was in grave danger. The spell was their last resort to protect themselves. By using the spell the country is locking itself from inside and outside, it means no one can go in nor out. The Clover Country is a flourish land, but the spell use the life of the plants to activate for a longer time. The longer it is up, the more plants that will dies, and then the animals and humans inside will be lacking of resources in the future. Moreover, the air will get heavier as time goes by.