Part 9: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

(Little Human perception)

The roaring startled me from my sleep. I quietly stretch my neck and attempted to sit down.

'Uhhh... This is so soft.'

I rubbed my face on the fabric beneath me. The fur feels like I am petting a hundred cats or rabbits. It feels good... I wanted to stay just like this for a bit more, however another roar made me jump.

I sat down and realized that I am surrounded by books, towered together.

'This must be placed here to avoid me from tossing off the table.'

The fabric that is underneath looks like a giant coat. This must be that big man's outer garment. I embraced the hood part and I smelled the trees and winds from the fabric. It is comforting.

'But wait, did he not came from the war? Shouldn't this smell like blood and rusty?'

With confusion, I looked at the two men talking from my adjacent room. I can tell he is so furious.

'The face of bloodlust, I know that so well.'

When his glare directed to me, I emotionlessly received it.

'Uhhh, so it is normal for parents to look at their child with so much killing intent.'

In my previous life, it is the first time I had parents. My mother who is trying to get by counting pennies on her hands always glare back at me with contempt. She will march up to me, and then relieved her dissatisfaction with abusive words and gets too physical with me. She will tell me, that if only I was not born, she could had been with another man who is richer. That if only she could turn back time.

'If only you could turn back time, huh?'

I stare back at him, and the big man unknowingly showed a pained expression and then turned around. His action, surprised me and at the same time confused me.

'Mood swings? Great after a bi-polar mother, now I get a father version in this life time.'

Humans are the ugliest creature in this planet, really I rather become a rock, my dear Father in heaven why you did not hear my plea?

I suddenly felt chills on my neck, and when I looked back at the two men, I noticed that the big man is sitting down on his desk and trying to do his work. I met the eyes of the small man and he suddenly looked like with a big lit bulb on his head and suddenly ran out of the room.

'Weird.'

......
(Little human perception)

The maids usually feed me only twice a day, with rice milk so even though it is already half way to the afternoon already, I don't feel hunger. Though, I wonder if that big guy who is still crouching on his desk, and time to time scratch his head, don't feel hunger? He is so big, for sure he needs a lot of food to sustain his body's needs.

And there you go, he scratch his head again. He is looking so aggravated with all the documents on his desk. He looks like he might tossed his whole desk any moment now. Paperwork must not be his strongest point.

-cratle-

'Hmmm... It sounds like there is a good breeze outside.'

I stood up, and tried to tiptoed to see what is outside the window. I am quite far from it, so I tried to support my weight with the books and tiptoed higher. Then a voice at my back made me jump.