Chapter 5

Idhaya's POV

From the view to the lavishly designed and modelled mansion, everything was picture perfect. But nothing seems perfect as the internal peace of the family is disrupted. The series of shrieks, whimpers, warnings were heard from the moment I have set my foot in here.

"Then explain to this mute idiot to stop messing with me." The lady of approximately my age gestured to my would-be charge left me shocked.

"This is my son you are talking about! And you are his mother, unfortunately." Ivano glared at her making me all the more confused. There is so much difference between the mothers I have seen and her.

"Don't forget... You are a burden to the Esposito family and I can drop this burden at any time. So be within your limits!" Emiliano threatened her.

"Emi... You are my love baby. How can you talk to me in this condensing way like Ivano? Don't you know what he did to me... To us?" This lady is too good with her crocodile tears.

"There she starts again! And she thinks Emi will fall for this cheap acting." Tristan said loudly.

"Who's even asking you? You should stay out of family matters." This lady has no sense of talking! Ungrateful bitch.

"So should you Carmelia. Let me remind you once again... You are also not an Esposito like you dreamed of becoming when you came to this house. Druggie." Tristan countered with so much contempt! I never thought he is capable of such emotions.

I looked at Enzo who has been so badly slapped that if I press his cheeks a bit then blood will ooze out. Who the fuck does that to their child! God knows what came over me and why I felt like tearing that bitch apart. I wiped my tears and without any further thought, I went to Carma.. Or whatever and slapped her. A tight slap left my fingermark on her left cheek.

"Do you know the way you slapped a five-year-old kid I can complain against you! You will rot in prison while dreaming of being here. Say sorry to Enzo." I caught her hair tightly in my hands and said to her.

"Who..who are you!" I tightened the hold on her hair.

"Don't make me repeat! Just do what I said. And yes, while saying the sorry show some respect to him." I said angrily.

"Sorry." She finally after I went for pulling her hair and when her hair extensions were in my hand.

"Seriously, you still look stupid even with all these. Take them and go to your room." I pushed her.

"You bitch!" The moment I left she came to slap me... But darling doing business alone for all these teaches you many things. I caught her hand and turned and twisted her hand.

"Don't try to aim when you are high and your IQ is low. Where is her room?" I asked no one in particular when a small hand pulled my dress. I looked at this sweet expressive son of unexpressive Ivano. He gestured me to follow him and I did while smiling.

When we reached outside her room I pushed her inside and locked the door. I smiled at Enzo and sat down to his level and hi-fied him.

"Come on... Let do something to make your cheek feel better." I picked him up and went down again. The moment I reached downstairs everyone was staring at me with amazement... Even Ivano.

"God Idhaya! You were amazing, I so wanted to do the same thing you did now for years." I laughed at him and then turned to Ivano expectantly.

"Ivano who is this wonder girl?" I looked at the middle-aged lady and smiled.

"You must be Mrs Esposito. Hello! I am Idhaya Ricci. Enzo's new nanny." I said and smiled at Enzo who smiled at me.

"Oh! Finally, there is a capable nanny in the whole of Milan! My son really tired himself out while searching for a nanny." I looked at Ivano and understood his problem now.

"Can we talk after I take care of Enzo?" I asked very nicely and felt extremely guilty that I judged him. He actually needs a nanny 24/7.

"Yes... But let's go to my condo now. I am not going to the office today." I nodded.

"Tan... Say him. I will handle everything there." I rolled my eyes at the way these brothers communicate.

"Have your lunch first and then go. Idhaya, darling follow me to the kitchen. The ice pack is there." Aunty said and went inside. I followed her to get the ice pack from the kitchen.

"Aunty... Can you tell me about Enzo's eating habits, allergies and favourites?" I asked her while she forwarded me the ice pack. I slowly dabbed it on Enzo's cheek and blow his cheek when he winced.

"He has no allergies but doesn't like his food too hot. And his favourite is anything with chicken in it. He loves chicken and also cheese." I nodded.

"Baby it's not paining that much now right?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Aunty, what happened today?" I asked.

"Ivano might have told you that Enzo is a big prankster... Right munchkin? So he doesn't like Carmelia and he pranks her. Today he cut all the wires of AC in her room." I laughed at her statement.

"I am sorry Aunty, but she deserves this," I said and kissed Enzo lovingly. Who kissed me back two times.

"He likes you. I was so stunned by the way you handled Carmelia, we all never thought of it. Ivano scares her but when she is high even he can't control her." I smiled at her.

"I am sorry, I just interfered in your matters. But when I saw Enzo's cheek, I just lost it. And Enzo... didn't cry. Why?" I asked her.

"Just like his father. Don't like to show vulnerability." I sighed and smiled.

"Better?" I asked Enzo and he nodded.

"Good. You are hungry?" I asked as I felt his stomach grumbled slightly.

"Let's eat." I said.