Chapter 38

Idhaya's POV

"Thank god! Now that he is caught, I hope the court takes correct decision." Mom said to no one in particular after we gave our introduction to Francessa.

"Yes, Mrs Ricci. I am very grateful to help a rape victim get her justice. My dad as well as I will make sure that he reaps what he sowed." Francessa said.

"Thank you figlia." Mom said and blown a kiss.

"How much time do you think it will take for the trial? Can he get bail Ms Francessa?" Aida, who was standing just beside me asked with worried look on her face.

"Please call me Francessa, Aida. No he cannot get a bail with the amount of evidences my father has against him. And I do hope that trial can be completed as soon as possible. You know the pandemic situation... The courts are not working in its full capacity." We all nodded.

"This virus got me irritated." I said in an annoyed tone and looked at Ivano who frowned in return. He stealthly came near me and whispered 'are you on your period'! I went to elbow him but he caught my arm and slipped his hand in the crook of my arm.

"Mr. Ivano! Leave my hand." I whispered to him in anger.

"Ms. Idhaya. If you can see its not just me but you are also holding my hand." He gestured at loosely intertwined arms. I was about to remove my hand when suddenly tightened his grip and pulled me near him and hid our hands behind our backs.

Why does he have to pull me every time?

"But, I will ask the lawyer to go for online trials. Don't worry." She said.

"Thanks... Umm... Francessa." Aida said.

"So, Francessa... You said that you are a social worker. Do you have a NGO or something?" Emiliano asked while I tried to remove my hand from Ivano's tight hold.

"Yes. Actually, I handle few all purpose NGO's. Majorly, I feel a lot about orphaned children so I try to spend my day with them." She said while Ivano was smirking at me.

"That's really great, Francessa. Emi... Won't it be better if we contribute to her hard work for the betterment of the society?" Ivano asked and suddenly loosened his grip.

"Better? It will be best. It's still a horrific dream to see a beautiful girl like you kicking someone so hard! All boys should remain cautious." Emiliano said making Francessa laugh heartily.

"Beautiful girl like you!" Aida mimicked Emi slowly making me frown at her.

"I mean... She is beautiful." She said while I nodded at her and smiled. Wow! Aida and jealous? The selfless girl from school, who was always content in her life was actually jealous of someone! That's nuova!

"Well, they should experience it." Francessa said. While Emiliano was about to reply, his phone rang. He frowned at the number and picked it up.

"Hello?" He said. After few seconds he looked at Ivano in shock. We all looked at him silently till he ended the call.

"Let's go. The step brother is here. Off to meet him in hospital." Emiliano sighed and said.

"Okay." Ivano said.

"Who?" I asked in confusion.

"Tristan's step brother. He is here... Emiliano asked Tan's secretary to inform him about this. We will have to go and see what kind of a person he is. Our friend has been through a lot already." Ivano said while I nodded.

"Can I also come? I have not yet met Carmelia after this accident." I said and looked at him.

"Sure. Neither have we. We don't know what to talk about when we meet. It will be helpful if you come." He said and smiled.

"Can Aida also join?" I asked making them look at me in confusion.

"I am also not very comfortable with Carmelia. She mught help after all she is a doctor." I said while they nodded. I looked at Aida for confirmation and she also nodded reluctantly.

"Francessa, would you please drive my mom back home?" I asked.

"Sure. Let's go, Mrs. Ricci." Francessa said and smiled.

"Thanks!" I smiled brightly at her and they went off in Francessa's car.

"Let's go then." Emiliano said.

Ivano moved forward to go but stopped.

"What is this, Ms Idhaya? Why are you holding my hand?" He asked seriously making me look at him in shock. Then I looked at our hands. Then again I looked at him again that's when I noticed the amusement in his eyes.

Bloody prankster bastardo!

"What the hell! Such a liar." I removed my hand.

"I regret to inform you that this romance telecast have to be postponed for some time. We have reach somewhere." Emiliano said and moved towards cabs.

"Fine. But let me say you. You ruined all the fun." Ivano said and went behind him. I took Aida's hand pulled her in the cab. We both sat and Emiliano took the front seat while Ivano settled himself beside me. I glared at him while he smirked at me.

"I should have taken Francessa's number." Emiliano said in fake regretting tone that we noticed but Aida tensed at the mention of Francessa.

"She is beauty with brains! And what she does is truly commendable." He said these words with the bottom of his heart.

"Maybe. But, what about her personality? Don't you think she is a little too much of self praising person? I mean... She is too proud." Aida suddenly uttered.

"But should we not be proud ofour own achievements?" He asked her.

"Yes. But not too much." She said.

"But, I didn't see her praising herself all the time. On the contrary it was Emiliano who was praising her." I said.

"Exactly! Did you look at her expressions? She didn't deny anything even for the sake of courtesy." She said.

"May be because she is the lady who knows her worth. Because she is confident." Emiliano retorted.

"Oh! So you mean I am not confident enough? I do not know my worth?" She asked.

"Do you?" Emiliano asked and then silence followed. My friend was analysing the situation. Emiliano was analysing his anger. And Ivano and I didn't bother ourselves and silently continued our hand fight from earlier.

******

When we reached at the hospital, a tall and well built man was already standing outside the door in nervousness.

"Hi. This Ivano Esposito."

"Emiliano Esposito" Both the men gave their sterb introduction in professional manner.

"Idhaya Ricci."

"Aida De Luca." We smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Hi. This is Alessandro Rossi." He said.

"Let's go in?" I asked and everyone nodded. Ivano opened the door and gestured everyone to go inside. We all went in and again stood in shock.

"What is happening here?" Ivano asked making certain people jerk apart.

************
Oopsies! Caught while kissing!

Let me know in the comments how do you like this chapter! Next POV will be of Tristan so to all the character lover please comment if you are excited.

Let's just say that this was just the base. Real story of their confused will actually begin now. All the 38 chapters were like greecing the machine for smooth usage.

Stay tuned!