Chapter 57

Idhaya's POV

There are times when your parents act like child! They fight like they are younger than my Enzo. Even Enzo and Ivano can be said manageable but these people? Hell no!

"I told you! Don't eat so much at night or else you will waste our time in washroom! Couldn't you control your stomach till we reached flight?" Mom shouted while packing hurriedly.

"I ate only half of dinner because of you. You know I have constipation!" Dad said in not understandable voice. But still we understood it. I think we are getting used to his voice and sadly I don't think we are ever going to hear his previous voice.

"Then sit in that washroom. I am going alone!" She snapped making me groan.

"Mom! You still have three hours before boarding. Let Dad poop in peace." I said as I took the medicine box and put it in the bag.

"Yes... Only three hours! What if we miss it? This man always sits in the toilet on wrong time. You won't believe it, on our wedding night he was in the washroom for two hours. I was waiting for him all dressed up. I slept in those uncomfortable clothes." She said in frustration as she closed the zip of the bag.

I laughed instantly as a picture of this scene came to my mind.

"I was nervous!" Dad said from inside.

"Don't you start with that again." Mom said in her 'end if discussion' tone.

"You only started this topic." He muttered making me smile.

"I was talking to Idhaya." She said.

"But..."

"Okay! Stop it now you guys. Mom, Ivano asked me to give this to you. These are your hotel reservation papers." I said as I handed over the envelope to mom. She smiled and kept the envelope in bag.

"Calling your boss by first name, I see?" She smirked making me glare at her.

"Mom, his name is Ivano then what should I call him?" I counter questioned her.

"Maybe something like boss, sir or Mr. Esposito?" She said sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"And don't you dare lie to me. I know there is something fishy between you both. And just so you know we both approve of him." She smiled suggestively making blush at the same time I knew that he is not sure about it. That will always be at the back of my mind.

"Mom... You only have three hours!" I said just to change the topic. And that worked well for me. But for Dad... I can't say so. She started banging on the washroom door making him groan.

Finally, he came out and gpared at me. But I just smiled innocently.

With his glare he tried to ask me

'You ditched me just to change the topic? Should I still consider you as my daughter?'

Which I answered.

'I love you!'

He sighed in defeat and started getting ready. Sometimes I wonder if had any siblings, life would have been easier. It would have been adventurous and fun but sadly my mother couldn't conceive after I was born.

"Okay guys, you both get ready. I will see if Enzo had his breakfast. Today, he would just leave the plate because I didn't put cheese in his omlette. I have to make sure he eats that. Bye! I will see you both in half an hour. Be ready." I said and went out.

****

The moment I reached at home... I mean, Ivano's home, I saw father and son both glaring at the plate. I cleared my throat and they looked up.

I gave them a questioning look while they had blank faces.

"There is no cheese in omlette." Ivano said to which Enzo nodded.

"We are out of cheese. You guys put cheese in everything that the grocery shopping I did last week is less for your consumption. From today, cheese will be limited in your food. Come on, you guys need to finish this." I said going near the dining table.

They both pouted but ate it anyway.

"Come on, Enzo. I am dropping Mom and Dad to airport and will drop you to school too." I said while patting my baby's back lovingly.

"I will drop you all." Ivano said as he adjusted his cuffs and hell he looks sexy while doing that!

"You don't have too. You have work right?" I don't know why I said what I said.

"But I can drop your parents off to Airport." He said making me frown. Oh god! Now my mom will make him uncomfortable for sure.

"But..."

Before I could say anything the door bell rang.

Enzo hastily ran and opened the door. My mom hugged him and said goodbye. He was so happy and proud that this trip was sponsored by him. Well, technically his father.

"Idhaya... I have called the cab. You are coming right?" She asked me while looking at me.

"Called the cab? But I am dropping you both off." Ivano butted in making me mentally slap my forehead.

"Mr. Esposito, you have already sponsored this trip. Now we cannot burden you with dropping us. After all, which boss does so much for their employees?" My mom said politely but she meant that 'if you like my daughter then claim her'.

"Err..." Ivano looked at me in confusion. I looked at him hoping that he says something. Anything. Hoping that he admits that there is something more. Something substantial between us.

But he didn't. The saying is absolutely correct... Hope always hurts. It hurts so much that tears easily reflect in your eyes. But I cannot let him see that he affects me this much. I have to get out from here.

"Mom... Let's go." I said and picked Enzo in my arms and left from there with my mother.

"Wait!" We heard him from behind and we stopped on track.

"I am coming to drop you all. Not because I am Idhaya's boss. But because I am her man." He said and winked at before taking Enzo from my hands. Wrapping his arms around my waist he looked at my mother to challenge him.

She just smiled.