Chapter 34

Emiliano's POV

"Heights! Didn't I say you I will not be available the whole day? How can you fix such an important meeting today?" I shouted at my incompetent assistant.

"Sir, I am sorry. If I didn't fix then the client would have left the country for at least a month or two." I sighed.

"Ms. Bella, we have internet in this world... We are already habituated to working online. Do one thing now, help me change the location for the meeting. Make it somewhere near Enzo's school. And warn Mr. Fabrizio that there will be a kid with me." I said.

"And, if next time you make decisions on my behalf then pack your bags in advance. And don't even think of attending this meeting with me or else I will fire you." I said and stopped the car in front of Enzo's school.

"S..sor... Sorry, Sir." She stuttered making me hang up the phone.

"People around me! They do whatever fucking I don't expect them to do. I need rest for god's sake! Now that my assistant is not coming who will make notes for the meeting! Stupid Emi!" I muttered and went inside the school.

As soon as I entered the premises, Enzo came running towards me. I laughed when he hugged my legs.

"How was your first day at school?" I asked. He nodded while giving a big smile and I picked him up.

"Great!" I said and noticed him searching for someone.

"Idhaya didn't come. She is waiting for you at home, but you have to be with me in a meeting. I will help you buy a gift for Idhaya after that." He forwarded his hand forward after thinking for some time.

"Deal." I laughed and said. I just turned around to leave the school when I heard a voice.

"Mr. Esposito!" I clenched my fists at her voice.

"Yes, Dr. Aida?" Turning around, I smiled professionally at her.

"Hi." She said making me frown.

"You stopped me for saying 'hi'?" I asked her while glaring at her.

"No... I... Actually, I wanted to talk to you." She said while smiling slightly.

"Sorry, I can't. I have an urgent meeting." I said.

"But... I... It's not urgent but it is bothering my conscience. Can you not give me some time from your schedule?" I sighed when she asked so politely and cutely.

"Okay. After my meeting, we can talk. But on one condition." I said as an idea popped up in my head.

"Wh... What condition?" She panicked as if I demanded her life.

"You be my assistant for this meeting," I said.

"Oh! Okay... I can be your assistant for some hours." I nodded and gestured for her to sit in the car.

"We have some time in spare. Let us go and buy a gift for Idhaya? Hmm, Enzo?" I asked looking at Dr. Aida and Enzo. After getting their approval I made Enzo and Dr. Aida settled in the car. By settled, I mean Enzo on her lap.

"Umm... So Enzo, what do you want to give to Idhaya?" She asked Enzo after I started driving. Enzo looked at him in confusion.

"Ohh... So you haven't decided yet. Can I say you a secret?" She asked to which Enzo nodded.

"Idhaya always wanted to gift her parents a trip to Venice. But for now, you can gift her painting of Venice." She said which made Enzo go into thinking mode.

"You know, I think you just put Ivano's pocket into danger. My niece will never settle for 2nd option." I said as Enzo went to his own world.

"What are you saying? It's not as if he will gift a trip to Venice." She said as if I cracked a joke, but boy Enzo is Enzo and he can think of utter nonsense!

"You don't know him yet. Do tell me if he gelled with all the students?" I asked.

"No. Not all but he made a cute friend today. She helped him a lot you know. I don't know how she understands his language, but she was his speaker today. Her name is Belinda." She smiled while talking.

"That's great! Wasn't he rude to her?" I asked.

"Rude? No... He ignored her. But later when she answered the questions asked to him after understanding his expressions he finally smiled at her slightly. That's it." I laughed looking at Enzo.

"Exactly like Ivy. Do you think your plan will work?" I asked her.

"Yes... I am 200% sure. I am a psychologist after all." I nodded. While I was driving, suddenly Enzo pulled my tuxedo.

"What happened?" I asked when he gestured home. I looked at him in confusion.

"But didn't we decide to buy a present?" I asked but he shook his head. Sighing, I dropped him home and went to the meeting with Dr. Aida.

After around one and a half hours, we finally concluded the meeting with a positive response from the client. He left leaving me with Dr. Aida. I sipped my coffee silently when she cleared her throat. I looked at her as if my eyes conveying her to speak.

"I... I am sorry for my behavior this morning. I know, I shouldn't have judged you... But. Umm... I do have a reason behind my mechanism of judging people." She said and looked at me, when I didn't react she thought of elaborating.

"When I was in my college, a senior student was teaching us on behalf of his father for some days. I was..."

"Let me guess, he tried to get in your pants?" I asked directly.

"No! He didn't try it with me. But he and I became fast friends. He suddenly came to my house for a friendly visit and I didn't mind. My dad used to be busy and I had no one but my young cousin. She was just twelve and was very cute. He... Raped her in front of me. He drugged us and... I... Couldn't move. He kept on saying my touch... Is effective. I... I..." I went towards her and hugged her.

"How... Can he rape a child? My cousin... She died on the spot. Dad died and that... Rapist... He..." Because of excessive crying, she couldn't breathe.

"Emili..ano, he was in your company. I got the information from the police... He changed his name. Please help me get justice... Please! Help me locate him." She pleaded while crying.

"My Employee? What's his name?" I asked as if I couldn't believe my ears.

"Aldo... Sullivan. His real name is Benedict Sullivan. He is using his dead Father's name as they looked like when his father was young. He forged his DOB I think." She said.