Chapter 9

Ivano's POV

What is wrong with her? When I already said I don't like people caring for me especially when we share employer and employee's relation. I abhor people doing something they are not tasked for, but she... She is overdoing it compared to many female employees in past. Some used to draw the heart on my coffee but she made a healthy fruit juice. She is actually not romantically interested in me but still, why she can't do her tasks as my son's nanny. 

Now the empty plate and Thermus are staring at me and reminding me how savagely she pulled her strings and made me have lunch for which I was actually hungry. I didn't know how after watching her leave my study, I quietly sat in her place had everything she brought in the tray. Without touching my pending work! 

"Wow! That's great progress." She commented after having the liberty of coming into my study without even knocking. She needs to be set straight!

"Ms. Idhaya, let me remind you. I am your boss and this..." I gestured to my study and said, "my private space. The next time you grace me with your presence, do not enter without knocking. Don't forget I don't like repeating the same rules each and every time we encounter each other." The smile slipped off her face making me slightly guilty, but I controlled my guilt for whatever I did was morally and professionally correct.

"Okay, I am sorry, boss." She said and scurried off haughtily. I heard her muttering 'ungrateful jerk' or maybe something much worse. One day, I am going to set her as an obedient employee.

Or maybe an obedient and responsive bedmate?

I shook that thought off and it sent shudders to my spine, implanted fear within me. The more I ignore her and this desire, the more peaceful my life will be.

The shrill ringing of my call disturbed my protection plans. I frowned after I saw the caller id.

"Hello." I said while taking the file and going through it.

"Hello, sir. We are calling from Bellini Agency services. You called a few months ago for a nanny... We have someone who matches your requirements." I sighed. God knows how many agencies my assistant has called and provided my number. This lockdown really made me mad.

"I called almost nine months ago. You calling as if I will wait for this much time. I already have hired one." I said and signed the last document in the file.

"Sorry, sir for the inconvenience. Due to lockdown, we couldn't fulfill your requirement. But we assure you sir she is the best nanny. She can cook, she is patient, she never interferes, and is ready for shifting." He still has the guts to argue.

"My nanny is the best nanny than you best one. She understands my kid, protects him, fights for him, and most importantly, she loves my kid. So whoever your nanny is... I am not interested because I already got the best in the world." I ended the call and kept the file aside.

"Oh my God! Mr. Ivano... Praising me. What a wonderful sight." I shut my eyes in frustration. Now she will not take her praises lightly. Bragging is her birthright it seems. How can she at the exact time I defended her?

"Ms. Idhaya, what did I say about knocking? Don't make me take the words back." I said while eyeing her intensely.

"Ohh... No, I did knock. But you were rather too occupied in praising me that you didn't hear. Rest assured boss, once warned always followed. The simple rule between employer and employee is always followed." I raked my hands through my hair to control my frustration.

"And exactly why you had to come here again when I sent you barely fifteen minutes back?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Ohh... Yes. I came to ask you what will you have for dinner?" I looked at her in confusion.

"Where is Martha? Last time I remember appointing Martha for these tasks." I said and distracted myself with the already signed file.

"No need for sarcasm. She will not be coming this evening and this whole week. She has splintered her leg so she can't move. She called here a few moments later I left so," I pressed the nape of my neck.

"Okay. Then I will hire a cook for the meantime." I said.

"Why? Just for a week? I can always cook the meals for three people." She said looking at me as if I am some stupid person.

"Ms. Idhaya, what is your post here?" She rolled her eyes! At me!

"I know. I am a nanny and I must take care of your kid. But, if you give me the same payment as the cook for one week then I will be a cook. Right?" I looked at her in astonishment.

"Ahem... Yes. You will be."

"Good then. I am one. Now I have to make dinner before Enzo leaves his coloring book. I promised to play with him. So don't waste my precious time... As you can see, I am a very busy person." I almost cracked when she acted like me.

"Make whatever Enzo wants to eat." I said.

"I can't. He already had chicken in lunch. Let me only think of something suitable for us." I looked at her again.

"When I am the boss, I should decide, right?" I asked when she behaved like a boss.

"Ohh... Of course. So what should I make boss?" She asked while pressing on the last word.

"Whatever you want," I smirked when she glared at me.

"Yes, I was saying the same thing in an alien language boss." She smiled and glared at the same time and it felt like for the first time in my life I had the urge to laugh hard. For the first time, I felt excited about the next day.

"Good that you understood that." I said.

"Jerk!" She said as soon as she crossed the door of the study and it had me laugh so hard.

Interesting!