Chapter 14

Idhaya's POV

I so want reside myself under the ground comfortably if I could escape this uncomfortable environment or situation. But then I also want to know what would have happened or what Ivano was saying before we were disturbed.

Aftrr weighing both the scenarios, I feel for the temporary relief or should I say escape I will not curb my curiosity.

"Umm... I think you should go and prepare for the party. Enzo is anyways sleeping so we can come together after my work is done." He said and went to his table and picked up a file. Absolutely trying so hard to avoid the aftermath of his actions, that his file is upside down.

"Mr. Esposito, I think we..."

"Ms. Idhaya, as you can see I am busy. And I am not a good listener when I work." He said and again looked at the file.

"I can see. What kind of powerful dedication you have for your work that you can even understand each and every word easily when the file is upside down. I think your eyes also adjust with the file." I said smugly and he stilled when he really paid attention to the file. He hastily turned it around and continued his acting.

"Now, you must talk to me first." I said and went to his table.

"I am..."

"I can see that. But even I have a busy day ahead. So complete what you were about to say before Tristan entered." I said leaving no option for argument.

"We can talk about that later." I sighed and looked at him with bored expression.

"I don't like to prolong an issue without any reason. We will talk. And we will talk now." He kept his file on the table with thud making me jump.

"And I said we will not." He glared at me.

"And I said we will. Say what you were saying at that time?" I asked.

"Who are you to order me out? A nanny? Just because you did something worth praising... Don't think you have reached at some level to order me out. Get out. Now." As soon as he said thaty eyes welled up.

"Do hell with you and your attitude. Don't talk to me ever!" I ran to door and without any thought I pushed the door with force and went out.

"What does he thinks of himself! First he wants a nanny desperately and now that he got one he doesn't respect her. If not for Enzo I would have left that job." I sobbed regretting the day I agreed to this job. I got so many options to back out but idiot that I am still didn't do it.

*****
Ricardo's Old-age home.

The place I find my solace now-a-days. The moment I opened the door, I saw a few people laughing in the shelter house of the garden.

At this time, my parents normally sleep so I went directly to their room. Without knocking, I just entered the room and hugged my sleeping father. He woke up with the my sudden embrace and patted my head.

"What happened?" He said in the throaty voice that no one can understand what he is saying.

"Nothing. I just missed you and Mom." I looked at my mom waking up because of our voice.

"Me too." I nodded while trying to keep my tears in check.

"Dad, I promise I will take both of you back to our new home." He nodded sadly.

"Are you not eating properly? You are thin from the last time we saw you." I rolled my eyes at her. Just last week before my job with rude monster she saw me. And she always says this.

"Mom please, I am not at all thin." I hugged her.

"This time you came early? Two weeks are not over yet." I smiled at her.

"Just felt like I miss you alot more than normal." I said.

"And nothing else?" I shook my head as their is no use of burdening them with my stress.

"Actually, yes. I got a job and wanted to celebrate with you guys." They both bleamed with happiness.

"Wow! We are so happy for you." I smiled at her.

"Oh! Dad I hope you take your medicines on time? Like last time, you didn't throw them in flower pot or something?" He held his hands up and looked at Mom.

"No, I personally take care of that." I nodded gladly.

"Mom, give me the list again. I will refill medicine box today itself." I said.

"No. They are not working. Don't waste money on them." Dad said making me sad.

"Dad, look at the progress. Please continue the treatment." I pleaded him because I know he don't want me to put money in his treatment.

"Dad, no argument. Mom give the list." I said when he stayed silent. She went to drawer and pulled out the list and handed it to me.

"Oh... Good that you came. Mrs Sullivan wants to introduce his grandson to you. She says..."

"Mom please. I have no time for this" I said and got up.

"But..." "Bye." I ran outside the room before she forces meto meet someone. From past few visits she insists me to move on in my life. Get married. But she hasto understand that I am not ready.

****
After buying Dad's medicines, I went to buy them chocolate waffles. We ate heartily like we used to before everything was beautiful. As the time of saying bye to them approached near I felt as if my heart is ripped apart from my body. But it was important to go.

I have a party to organise even if I am the least important person in the party. For Enzo and his happiness I will just not let today's insult effect the party.

I said goodbye to them and went to supermarket to buy all the grocery items and decorating materials for today. After all these, I turned my phone on to call Aida and confirm once again. But the moment I was about to call her my boss called me. I picked it up and just at that moment he burst out.

"Where are you?" He shouted making me shiver.