Chapter 85

Francessa's POV

Floating.

Yes, that is what I am feeling now! His lips on mine, his arms trying to take in all of me, his legs shuffling between mine. The heat his body is radiating at the very epicenter of my body is unexplainable.

"Do you understand? You are mine!" He said the moment we broke apart for taking the breath.

It took me few moments to analyse what just happened. A few more moments to realise what happened on that day. And a few more moments to realise that whatever happened just should not have happened.

He thinks I am a child. He thinks whatever I feel for him is just attraction. In his dictionary, there is no concept of 'Flash love'. He also thinks that if love happens this suddenly then that is not love.

I backed out a bit to clear my head. Just to let my guard up.

"Is this a joke for you? My feelings are all joke for you?" I muttered hurt by his hot and cold attitude.

"Why would you say that?" He looked at me in confusion.

"Just that day you said something that was totally opposite of what you are saying now. Can I ask you how is this possible? You suddenly got feelings for me? The possessiveness and this claim that you are making on me... I don't accept it!" I said and rushed outside.

He seriously have this bipolar disorder issue. If he thinks that I am going to forget about how he made fun of my feelings then he us seriously mistaken.

That day in front of everyone, I didn't react and let anyone know about what conspired among us. But, I knew the moment I reach home, I will cry and crying is what I did.

He laughed at me and said that I am still a kid. That I don't know what I am doing. I get attracted very easily and all these feelings will go away.

"Francessa!" I turned to face him.

"What!" I snapped at him. He flinched for a moment before facing me.

"Nothing... I was just... Umm." I stopped him before he could say anything.

"Save it. I don't want hear anything right now. We will focus on helping Idhaya and then we will separate our ways. And... If you don't want to help then you can go right now!" I said.

"Okay fine. We will focus on the current and high priority problems. But afterwards, we must talk." I shook my head.

"No, I don't want to talk about anything. Now we should think of something to help our friend." I said to which he nodded.

"Okay. But we will talk. And that's final." He said to which I just shrugged. We shall see!

We went inside the station again.

"I will talk to papa and he will advice us what can be done." I said.

"Or nothing should be done." I turned to see papa smiling towards us. We frowned at him.

"Come inside to my cabin." I nodded at Alessandro as we shared an eye contact. We followed papa to the cabin.

"Dad, what happened?" I asked him.

"Idhaya and Ivano called me just now to confirm that they have found her parents." I smiled at the news.

"That's great!" I said happily.

"So, till Aldo is actually hanged, we will have to hide her parents. Will you keep them hidden in your old aged home?" I looked at him in confusion.

"Wh... what? Yes, but what if they are discovered? We still have one month left for his death. How will this be possible?" I asked him.

"Don't worry. I will handle the officials of Venice. Anyways, the current investigation officer has been suspended. And they will have to report me before investigating in my zone. That is the protocol." He explained.

"But... It's still illegal. What if someone discovers this?" Alessandro asked.

"I know that is illegal. But sometimes, we have to take the wrong way to do the right thing. And he didn't kill Idhaya's parents not because he didn't want to. He was just keeping them alive to use them as bargaining chip. And Aldo should be punished for whatever he did to everyone." Francessa said sternly.

"I don't support this. But as an honest officer and citizen of the country, I feel this is much too necessary. Rather than leaving him unattended in the prison where he can plot and plan everything, he should be hanged." Dad said with all the seriousness.

"I understand. It's just that I fear that if someone discovers then you will suffer a lot. Your job and your reputation is on stake." I looked at nervously at my father.

"I never said I will not help the officials from Venice. I will just inform you guys everything. And they will never think that her parents are in orphanage. And by any bad luck, that actually happens then we will move them out promptly." I nodded.

"I trust you!" I hugged my father.

"Okay, but let him think that we are actually pressurised by his threat. That we are ready to think about negotiation." Dad said.

"Okay." Saying that, I went outside followed by Alessandro.

"So... You go and try to talk to Aldo. I will prepare orphanage." I said knowing well, this was the last time I was very close with him. After this, never again. We will meet like strangers and greet like strangers. I turned towards the exit.

"Francessa." This is the very first he used this informal tone while calling me. I had to stop listening to this.

"Will... You please give one chance? I know I was very rude to you that day. I still feel guilty about that. And, I just realized that I don't like not fighting with you and not arguing with you. I absolutely abhor the basic notion that you are giving up on me." When I didn't say anything he again looked at me.

"What I mean is we will give each other time to understand each other. We will not rush into things just yet. Maybe, one or two years? Umm... Like a courtship?" He said.

"After kissing me thoroughly? Do you really think you and I will not touch each other till this courtship actually turns into a relationship?" I asked him.

"Yes. I mean we are adults, we can control ourselves." Oh! Is it? Well, let's see.

"Okay." I said and went out smirking.

Alessandro, when I meet you next time... Try to control yourself. Be an adult.