Chapter 73

Ivano's POV

There were so many instances where girls came to me and confessed, back then I used to say them on their faces 'FUCK OFF!'

It was as easy as having slice of pizza after heavy dinner. But when Idhaya was looking at with her expectant eyes, as if almost begging me to atleast say something. Anything! Holy Christ... It pained me to see her pooling eyes.

But I couldn't say anything... I tried! I really tried hard to say her that, I am confused!

What ifs' are circling my mind in such a way that I cannot think about commitment.

What if No. 1 - What if we have change of heart? I mean it's not impossible and neither it is wrong.

What if No. 2 - What if she realises that I am not the one for her? Or was it a false heart alarm for her?

What if No. 3 - What if I later realize that it was false alarm for me? That I later realize my mistake when there is no scope of rectification?

What if No. 4 - What if we are going too fast into it? I mean it is happening too fast for me. Only a week we are here... I need some time to digest the fact!

Early you say? Where was this 'Early' when you bedded her! My subconscious mocked me.

She said she will give me a month... I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

God knows! Great!

Now its already evening and I am pacing around worrying about how I should behave on our date. Will she still be angry or sad or agitated about my silence?

I just don't know how I should deal with it!

Okay... Okay!

I will just confess that I need some more time to accept and understand my feelings towards her. She does makes me mad, jealous and giddy all at the same time, but I am still trying to trust people. I never did trust people much... That is the tactic I learned from my Nonno.

And from my first ever heartbreak. No one does know about why I turned out like, they always thought I was always like this. Wary of people and silent everytime, but even with those things I still accepted someone open arms only to find that I was an idiot.

A very young melodramatic idiot!

I have to say this to her!

"I am ready." I turned around hearing her voice only to find myself fascinated with her.

She is wearing something so excruciatingly beautiful, looking alluring with all the make up, hair but the smile and shine of her eyes were missing.

All because of me.

"I... You... I mean..." I stuttered not knowing how to start and what to say.

"What happened?" She asked trying to smile lightly.

"Umm... Nothing. Enzo is sleeping, we have to wait for Mom. And then we... We are good to go." I said while mentally berating myself for ruining the moment!

"Okay... I will go and check on his food. Your mom will only have heat it for him." She said and running towards the kitchen. She is also eager to run off. Now how how do I talk to her?

But as I moved to follow her, the doorbell rang. I cursed at the timing of my mother.

"I will see!" She said and went to open the door. I nodded not knowing why when she is not even looking at me.

"Ohh... Uncle? Are you looking for Francessa?" I frowned went towards the main door.

"No... I..."

"Hello, Mr. Santorini!" I said while smiling.

"Please come in." Idhaya said smiling politely at him.

He entered the apartment with solemn look on his face.

"What happened Uncle? Is Francessa alright?" Idhaya asked him to which he nodded.

"I am sorry Idhaya. I know... You didn't do anything. It's just... I will have to do it you know! It's my duty." He said making us look at him in confusion.

"What are you saying Uncle? What are you sorry for? I am sure you did not do anything for which you are saying sorry." Idhaya said while smiling at him.

"No... It is what I am about to do." He said looking down sadly.

"What are you talking about? I am very sure whatever you do is not something you have to be sorry off?" I said trying to interpret the situation on my own.

But there is no connection to anything he does and saying sorry to Idhaya. Hell! Why is he talking in circles?

"No no... No! I have to be really sorry. I will have to do it! I will have to arrest you Idhaya." The moment he finished I felt as if someone has hit me with stone.

"What?" Idhaya and I shrieked simultaneously.

"Yes... I am sorry but there is something that has happened. It's not a good news and its even sad that I am the bearer of such news." He said again talking in circles.

"What are you even saying? Come to the point!" I said as I pulled Idhaya towards me.

To protect her... To embrace her!

"The point is... Idhay... I am ordered to arrest you. You have been charged for murder... Yo... your parents. They are no more. They committed suicide last night." What is he saying! I felt Idha shaking in terror as she understood what he said.

"No! No... Noooo! They cannot do this! They were happy... Really happy for me! They will not such thing! Say me you are lying. Say ne it is just a prank. Say me they are coming back!" I literally had to catch her to protect her from falling.

"No... Sadly they wrote a letter where it is clearly written that... You are responsible for their death. That you... I am sorry to this... But you didn't care for them. They had live in the old aged home to survive. I am sorry... But the police inspector investigating this case in Venice has identified the handwriting and it has come out to be genuine. I amd so sorry!" He said forwarding the handcuffs reluctantly.

*****

Idhaya's dress!