Chapter 49

Aida's POV

"You... You forgive me?" I asked standing shocked in front of him. For a second I thought I heard something that my mind wants to hear and it is not truth and just an illusion.

"Yes, I forgive you for misunderstanding me. For judging me." He said and maintained a safe distance.

"But... How? Why? I mean it's not that I am not happy but really just sometime ago you said you cannot forgive me." I said while smiling at him in confusion.

"Yes and what I said is absolutely correct that I cannot forgive you. But I could not have forgiven myself if you attempted suicide. So I think if my forgiveness can drive your mind from these nonsensical thoughts then I can forgive you." He said firmly. It felt so strange to think that he is the same man who kissed me with so much passion. He poured his heart out in our kiss and made it so special for me.

"Suicide?" I asked him in confusion.

"Yes... You looked so lifeless while staring at the ceiling. You may think that suicide can relieve all the stress but it cannot. How can you be so brave to think of killing yourself?!" He snapped as he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me towards him.

"What are you saying! Why will I commit suicide?" I asked him and held his perfectly maintained jawline in my hands.

"Because of what I said. Look, I know whatever I said was too brutal and harsh but it was the truth that I cannot deny. I never thought you would try to go on with this step." He said.

"I didn't want to commit suicide you stupid. Yes, I agree that your words scratched my heart and broke my heart into pieces, but even if everything around changes, I cannot deny the fact my father taught me to be a strong girl. He said 'Strong are the people who live it all'. And I did, my sister was raped infront of me, my principal abused me morally, my father died but still I tried finding new reasons to live. Because living is difficult but leaving is nightmare. Yes, I agree that yours words might have left me unresponsive for the time being, but I would never have resorted to something like this. If your forgiving me because of that then I would request you to take it back." I said and removed his hands from my shoulders gently.

"So... You were not about to? And you want me to take back my forgiveness?" He asked sounding surprised.

"Yes. And yes." I said confidently.

"Why? It is what you wanted right?" He asked.

"Yes. I want your forgiveness if you give with your heart. I won't settle for something given half heartedly." I said.

"Fine... But then if not this then what do you want? You are being too much demanding. What do you expect me to do? Laugh when you walk in or behave as if I am some lovesick puppy? How can I?" I looked him in shock as soon as he said the words.

"Demanding? I accepted and understood that you cannot forgive me. And I don't expect you laugh when I walk or behave like a lovesick puppy. What I would like is you give me chance to prove that I deserve your friendship." And maybe more. I added the last three worda in my mind.

"Do you think you deserve a chance?" He asked.

"If I did not then you wouldn't have kissed me. You were scared that something will happen to me." I smirked at him while he glared at me.

"You cannot use or bring this scene up again or you are losing the chance that you want to reconcile with me." He said warning me.

"Great! So with your chance there are conditions applied. But Mr. Emiliano Esposito, I will bring this up anytime I feel the need to shut you up. Deal?" I asked him and forwarded my hand. He glared at me for sometime and finally brought his hand forward to shake.

"Meet me tomorrow. Let us have our pending breakfast together. And this time I promise not to hurt you." I said while smiling.

"Let us see if you are able to stick to your words. Let me say you, I will not make anything easier for you." He said and left from my room leaving me excitement and happiness with a tinge of nervousness and fear.

*****

Idhaya's POV

"You know... Today while you were busy in your talks. Enzo came to me and asked... No demanded to buy two tickets for Venice. For your parents. I wanted to let you know that the tickets are booked and your parents are going to Venice tomorrow night." While I was resting my head on his shoulder he suddenly dropped this bomb. I don't know how it happened, one minute I was consoling him and then suddenly I laid on his shoulder for support.

"What? B..but..."

"What happened? Aren't you happy that your parents are going for some rejuvenation?" He asked in confusion.

"No, I am happy but I wanted this to happen on my expense you know. But I was never good at earning may be so now Enzo is fulfilling this dream." I said sadly but still smiled at Enzo's thoughtfulness.

"So that doesn't mean you cannot pay." He said casually.

"How? The tickets are already purchased and I am sure you already arranged for lodging and everything. Are you saying me to reimburse? Reimbursement to you is out of my budget... Accept the payment in installments." I said.

"Yes I will accept the payment in installments. But the payments will be whenever I ask." He said and brought me closer to himself making me look upto him.

"How? What if I have utilised all the money before you ask in something?" I asked in confusion.

"No it will not happen. Just say no to your mother every time she brings a new guys for you to get married. Or anyone interested in you should be rejected excluding me." He said and peck my lips before leaving me flabbergasted.