Chapter 78

Ivano's POV

"What is it? Will you say it now that we have almost reached home!" I snapped at Emi. Only Aida and Emi are with me... Alessandro waited to see if he can get anything there. Hoping his parents help us is the only way now I think. Sadly.

I literally never liked to be in suspense. Atleast some people, especially my brother should have the decency to let me know what has happened! Why is he so frantic after the call?

"I swear Emi! I am going to kill you." I snapped at him while media was busy following us till we reached the entrance of the building.

"I have no idea! That stupid Carnelia and Tristan just asked me come back. Said it is urgent! We should have left them in the house... I swear they are out for torturing us further." Emi snapped back making me shut my mouth.

"Emi! They know media is following us. Be a little patient you both!" Aida sternly replied us.

"Actually you should not even speak! You knew how that person is... You could just warned us!" I snapped at her in frustration. Nothing but frustration.

"Ivano! I know you are irritated but mind you Aida is not responsible for all this. How was she to know that Aldo can do something like this from prison?" Emi interfered but Aida stopped him.

"Ivano... I I had no..."

"I am sorry! I am just frustrated, I feel so helpless!" I sighed in defeat. And just then the elevator dinged.

"We will surely find out something surely. I don't think the truth will remain hidden for long." Aida said while we trotted outside elevator.

I had no idea who rang bell, who opened the door, where I went after that but all I knew was that-

'THE BUSINESS TYCOON IVANO ESPOSITO IS BIG FAILURE'

I could not save her parents, Nor can I provide them justice. I even could not confess, hell even understand my feelings. I cannot save her and I certainly cannot give my son his desired happiness. On top of that, I could not protect my father's legacy!

Utter useless and a big failure!

"Hello! Earth to Ivano. I am calling you?" Carnelia brought me from rudderless thoughts.

"What has happened?" I asked letting my blankness known to them. If I cannot bring back Idhaya beside me, I have no reason left to bother about anything.

"I found Idhaya's phone." I nodded.

"Yes. She was trying to search that. But is it of any use? She is not even here to use it!" I said blandly but I felt a surge of pain making it hard for me to breathe.

"Ivano... But you have to listen what I found in her phone." Carnelia said.

"I?" Tristan eyed her in mocking expression.

"Fine we!" She huffed glaring at him but admitting it reluctantly.

"We?" Tristan again mocked making us turn towards him.

"Yes... We. We are one team baby." She said that in 'Oh! So innocent' expression. This girl can test the patience of a saint!

"Now its 'We', Wait till she is angry on me." Tan muttered loud enough for at least me to hear.

"I heard that!" Carmelia snapped at him.

"Well... Baby you have sharp ears." He said trying to make amends at which he is clearly not succeeding.

"And very sharp nails too." She said in a threatening tone while showing him her nails. Very dangerous... Never to fight her if you don't have nail cutter. I still remember when she was addicted to drugs she almost scratched Enzo's face.

"I will chop them off tonight." Tan said and hastily ran towards Emi before she could follow him.

"You!"

"Stop it! You kids are just worst than my Enzo. We have a problem yo discuss and if you cannot make yourself of any use then get out!" I snapped. My head hurts from their constant bickering.

"Ivano... I know you are upset but you don't have to be total ass! I will not have you talking my would be wife like that." And that shocked me. The way he was clenching his jaws showed how much he is trying to control his anger. Tristan and anger? I never knew he possessed that in him.

Great! I fought with my brother and best friend. Disappointed my girlfriend and son.

"Tan... He is not himself. Anyways we have fluctuated from the issue here. It was our mistake." Carmelia tried to calm Tan.

"I am sorry. I feel so helpless and hopeless." I said as a lone tear dropped from my eye.

"Ivy!" Tan and Emi hugged me immediately while I cried over their shoulders. Times like these, I feel fortunate that at least I have shoulders to cry on.

"Stop crying Ivano." I heard Aida but I just shook my head.

"I can't even help her! I feel so fucked up right now. How will I face her now? She was so hope... Hopeful that I, I will help her." I buried myself more on to their grip. Suddenly, I was jerked forcefully, it felt as if my nervous system was shaken off all too sudden.

"Stop this. That is what we were saying that we found proof in Idhaya's phone. You must see that." Tan said and that got me baffled.

"What?" I asked Tan completely unsure of whether I heard him properly or not. Illusion perhaps or may be my stress has taken a toll on me.

Emi, Aida and I were staring at him in confusion.

It's all in my head or I am actually hearing some good news today? Is there any way to get out this mess?

"I had the same reaction but that is the fact we got proof." Carnelia said while smiling making me feel alive and my nerves bubbling with hope.

"Yes... Apparently, Uncle and Aunty helped in solving their own murder case. We just had to find Idhaya's phone and our work is done." Tan said and handed me her phone.

And then her wallpaper graced me empowering my guilt even more. It was a picture of mine and Enzo.

'I am his NANNY' written with a heart.

*******
Hi guys!

I am back after a long writer's block break. Every time I tried writing it felt as if something is missing and I ended up deleting the chapters.

I hope I am not attacked by another one.

Hope you have good time reading and do vote, comment and share for me to stay motivated!

Bye lovely readers!💕