Chapter 48

Francessa's POV

"What the hell!" I heard him shouting while I was trying to boil the butter. I looked at him in confusion.

"What happened?" I asked as he left his knife and came by my side and turned off the stove.

"What are you trying to do woman!" He shouted while I jerked in fear.

"I... I was boiling the butter." I said.

"Like this? By soaking the butter packet in water?" He asked sarcastically.

"I thought that for boiling water is necessary." I muttered and removed the packet of butter from water.

"God! Save me from her. After that what you would have done? I asked you mixed all purpose flour in it. You would have made the sauce with packing paper?" He asked in a tone that said 'you are unbelievable and dumb and stupid... And I can't believe I asked you to make the sauce.'

"I don't know how to cook okay! Show me how to do it and I will do it. Promise." I said while smiling.

"Can I trust you?" He asked more to himself.

"Yes... Look, even my parents do not trust me with kitchen but if you show me, I think I will do it." I said while begging him to show me. When did I become so much enthusiastic about cooking. Last I know, I hated it and that's why I never tried it. My mother tired herself explaining that cooking is basic necessity and you should know it. Even in lock-down, I just ate and never cooked anything.

Then why I want that now?

"Fine. Do one thing then. Throw this water from the pan and dry it with a kitchen cloth." He said giving me the cloth. I did as he told me while he was eyeing my every move. This time I made sure not to make blunders.

"Done!" I said excitedly while he scoffed.

"Great work!" He faked my enthusiastic voice.

"Now, give that pan to me and bring those vegetables here." He said and I hastily handed him the pan.

"Should I cut..." I started to say but was interrupted.

"No! You will cut your hands. Just bring them her and see how to do everything." He said making me glare at him.

"See... take some butter from this packet and put it in pan for it to boil. Now do you understand what I asked you to do?" He asked while showing me making me realize my mistake.

"Yes... Now for your information, i can cut vegetables. It's a must for sandwiches which I can make. Remember?" I asked him.

"Fine. Cut the vegetables then. I will make the sauce." He said after sighing.

"Yes... I will also pay attention to how to make sauce." I said and took the knife and started cutting capsicum.

"Okay... see the butter started boiling. Now add some all purpose flour to it." I looked at the pan when he added some flour to the butter. He started stirring the mix well and when there was nothing interesting in the pan, my eyes went to his hands... so strongly built, with long and beautiful fingers and with his sleeves folded. Then slowly my eyes went to neck and admiration just increased on this journey my eyes en routed. My eyes closely monitored every sweat drop traveled down his neck. Then came in the view his side face and one unruly string of his hair.

God! Why am I watching him like a creep?

"Look the flour is cooked now we will add milk and cheese to it." He said went to refrigerator to take the milk and cheese.

"Keep stirring it." He said while he looked for cheese. I stirred the paste but my eyes followed his every move.

"Got it!" He said and ran back.

"While adding milk, make sure you keep on stirring it." he said and started adding milk. I looked at neck again, his lips while he was saying something and adding water and cheese to the paste.

"Stop." I muttered but still my eyes...

"Ahh!" 

"What happened?" He asked and looked at my side to see the blood on finger.

"Great!" He muttered and took my hand in his to inspect the wound.

"Not too deep." Saying, he took me to the sink and washed my finger.

"Do me a favor, just sit somewhere or watch television. Just don't help me here." He said and bandaged my finger.

"But..." He raised his hand making me shut my mouth.

"Okay... But I can see what you are doing right?" I asked him to which he nodded but not before glaring.

While I looked at him, he prepared pasta and heated and mixed previously made pasta. He worked so effortlessly and but it took me a lot of effort to stop myself from going near him and wipe his sweat. To set his unruly hair and unroll his sleeves and button his neck to make him look less sexy.

"Come on. Let's eat now." He said and served the pasta in dishes.

"Sure." I said and took my plate and started eating.

"I meant, let's sit and eat outside." He said and took my plate from my hand leaving me with just spoon. Following him, we sat on the couch and started eating silently for few minutes. I can't stay silent for more than half an hour so I had to speak something.

"Thank you for the pasta. It tastes heaven." I said and smiled.

He just smiled and nodded and went back to his plate. Bloody silent sitter. Why can't he speak more than one sentence when we are not fighting.

"You will go back to US?" I asked so we can start a topic that can at least be active for few minutes.

"No, now that I have a family here then I will shift my base here." He said. And the topic is closed. I should have predicted seconds rather than minutes. He can be serial mood killer, but still I want him to talk to me. May be because of staying around all the different and constant talking as a social worker, I want people to talk and for myself to talk.

"Oh! So you are going to wrap things there?" I asked.

"Yes, that too. And to take my wife here." He said making me drop my fork.

*********

Thank you so much for all the love, support and comments on all the stories.

Next POV will be of Aida! Hope you guys are excited for future updates.