Chapter 26

Tristan's POV

The moment the shot rang, I felt my heart jumping through my throat. The leap she took on the stairs made me open the door without giving a fuck who sees me. Keeping my phone in my pocket after saving the video, I ran to her to save her from landing rashly on the ground.

After I caught her, I realized that she is already unconscious with blood flowing from her head. I panicked at her state.

"You bloody bitch!"

"My eyes are burning!"

"Stay where you are... I am going to kill you!" While they were shouting I hastily scooped her in my arms and ran out through the kitchen door.

"Nothing will happen to you." I said as I saw the cab after crossing the lane to reach the main street. I stopped the cab in panic and settled her inside and after sitting inside I kept her head on my lap.

"San Raffaele hospital! Make it quick."  As the driver started driving, I took my phone out to call Ivano.

"Hello!" Before I could say anything he started rambling on why I didn't come to the party.

"Ivano! I am taking Carmelia to the hospital. Please come to San Raffaele with Emi." I said and ended the call as soon as I heard her groan in pain.

"Carmelia... Everything will be okay." I soothed her while inspecting her wound. Thankfully, the bullet didn't hit her head.

"Sir, we reached." I heard the driver after few minutes of silence. I looked up and nodded. After paying him, I alighted from the cab.

"Sir, do you need help?" I nodded gratefully at the driver.

"Yes. Please help me take her out." He nodded and went off to the other side.

I caught her hands and the driver pushed her legs in my direction. I caught her neck and pulled her out slowly.

Picking her properly, I thanked the driver and ran inside.

"Please call for the doctor. She requires medical help!" I said to the receptionist. She called the ward boys to help Carmelia settle on the stretcher.

"Sir, please complete your formalities here while we start the treatment." I nodded and filled whatever form she asked me to fill and signed.

"Where to?" I asked after she completed all the paperwork.

"Operation Theatre on the third floor." I nodded and ran off.

*****
"What happened?" Ivano and Emi asked as soon as they arrived near Operation Theatre.

"Too much happened this night." I sighed in frustration.

"What happened? That was our initial question." Emi said and sat beside me while Ivano settled on the other side of my seat.

"I realized my father is a cheater, money-hungry monster. I have a half-brother and Carmelia is not as bad as I initially thought." I said and showed them the video.

"What the fuck!" Ivano exclaimed after he finished watching the video.

"What have you planned now?" Emi asked.

"First, I will that fucking solicitor and make my grandfather's will according to his wish. Then I will make my father his mistress pay for the sins they have committed. Then, I will find my half-brother. I just hope he is nothing like his parents." I said while they nodded.

"I never knew you are this matured till date." I chuckled at Ivano.

"Not only matured but considerate too." Emi said and after so many years we did bro hug together.

"Wow! This feels like an eternity. Hugging both of you." Emi said and looked at Ivano.

"It does. Yes." Ivano said and smiled awkwardly.

"Oh come on! You are dragging your fight like elastic. Stop this already." I said while my eyes focus on the door of Operation Theatre.

"Yes. I think the same." Emi said and got up to hug Ivano, making his brother get up. They hugged tightly.

"It feels nice to finally end this charade." Emi said and we laughed slightly. And again the silence prevailed for few minutes.

"Hello, Mr. Esposito... Both the Espositos. I am surprised. Everything is good, I hope?" An unknown lady came up and asked.

"Oh yes. Dr. Aida... Meet my friend, Tristan. And this is Enzo's new principal and a well-known psychiatrist." Emi introduced us.

"Hello, nice to meet you." She said while smiling.

"Same here." I said and smiled slightly.

"What are you doing here?" Emi asked her.

"I work here now. What about you guys?" She asked.

"Our friend, Carmelia is getting operated on." Emi said while gesturing towards the OT. She nodded.

"Everything will be fine." She said slowly.

"Hoping for the best. I didn't know you were a doctor?" Ivano asked.

"Oh... Yes, I didn't mention it during the dinner." She said while my eyes were trained to the room. It's been half-hour that the operation began. I got up as soon as the light dimmed eagerly waiting for the doctor to come out.

"Relatives of Carmelia..."

"I am. I mean we are." I said and he nodded.

"The patient is..."

"In a coma?"

"No..."

"Paralyzed?"

"No..."

"Memory loss?"

"No! Will you let me complete?" He asked making me shut up.

"And you said him matured." I heard Emi's helpless words.

"You agreed to that." Ivano muttered making me glare at them.

"I apologize. I am just preparing myself for the worst. This is what normally happens in movies." I said.

"Which is not required and this is not a movie. The patient is out of danger. Just a few stitches and a concussion. She will regain her consciousness after six to eight hours." He said and went away.

"We will shift the patient to the second floor. Room no. 230." The nurse said and went inside.

"Thank god! She is alright... I had a nightmare I feel when I saw her falling from the stairs." I said while sighing in relief.

"I should not ask this but... Are you in love with her?" Dr. Aida asked me making me shock.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Just felt that." She smiled and went away.

"What?" I asked them and they just shrugged.

"Now that everything is okay, go get some sleep. I will place guards outside her room." I shook my head.

"I have a lot of work to do rather than sleep." I said and left from there.

*****

Author's Note

Thank you so much for your votes, comments, follows! I feel so grateful to all the readers for supporting the novel!💖❤️