Chapter 79

Idhaya's POV

Life is as unpredictable as it cannot be even imagined. I did not even have anything valuable but it feels like I have lost everything overnight. I feel as if I have become insolvent now that I don't have my parents with me.

I don't have anyone with me.

"Your trial will start soon. Come outside, we have to reach the court." The lady constable stated rather rudely while opening the door for me.

"Come fast! We don't have all the day for you to go so slowly." She said and her strict voice made my weak legs move a bit faster.

"Can I at least see my parents? Just from far but please let me see them!" I cried in front of her.

"You have asked the same question before too. And you know the Sir gave to you. Don't make everyone repeat the same thing!" She handcuffed me.

"Please just once. At least a glance?" I still requested because I deserve at least this!

I know I deserve this!

"We really don't have time!" She pulled causing my wrist to bleed because of the pressure. I had to stop myself from shrieking in pain.

Some people can be outrightly brutal in performing their duty. I am not a criminal. Yes, an unaccomplished daughter may be, but not a criminal!

How pathetic and sad I feel that, I know who the murderer is but I can't prove it!

"Sit in the van." She ordered me gesturing towards the van. I sat myself inside hoping that Ivano finds some clue to catch Aldo. My parents deserve justice and much more.

The whole ride had me feel the anticipation of what will happen next. The moment of trial had me losing hope, if my parents do not get deserved justice then the thin string of hope will also break.

I closed my eyes mostly gain inner strength that I find losing now. In my heart, I kept on reciting all the prayers that I knew in different languages all that I knew.

"We have reached." I opened my eyes and got down. The first thing that I did after getting down is look around to see if Ivano has arrived.

All the hopes shattered when I couldn't locate anywhere. Will he keep the contact with the termed criminal? His reputation is also at stake after all and a big shot businessman will not want a stain on it probably.

Not that he loves me and he would come. I was an idiot to expect something from a wrong person.

I wiped my tears got myself ready to fight my own battles.

All the media reached around us they located me. After all, I was a nanny at Espositos.

Successfully avoiding all the chaos, gossips, judgemental eyes and harsh comments we reched in the courtroom.

"Do you have lawyer who will represent you?" As soon as the trial started, Magistrate made sure to first asked this question.

"No your honor." I replied softly.

"Are you to defend yourself?" I nodded in positive response.

"Prosecutor may proceed with the case." Magistrate ordered and the public prosecutor came towards me.

"Ms. Ricci?" I nodded.

"So, Ms. Ricci, is it true that you had no means to provide for you and your parents?" He asked the gut wrenching question. It pained me but truth often hurts.

"Yes, all my income went towards the expense of my father's treatment." I said and I knew this statement will be used against me.

"And because of that you forced your parents to leave their home and move to old aged homes? You have very smartly forced your parents even kill themselves. You are pathetic excuse for daughter." I looked at him belligerently.

"Our situation forced us to take that step. Even I was in hostel so now are you going to say that I also forced myself out of my home? You should get proper information on the cases you take up. If you don't know the full background then I can give you one." I said scornfully.

"My parents and I lived happily with me and my father earning. But then my father's health deteriorated. And due to lockdown my business shelved. We had no choice!" I said to the magistrate who nodded his head.

"But your parents mentioned in the sucide video that you are responsible for their death. That you couldn't provide for them so they had to take this drastic step." The prosecutor kept the argument.

"Mr. Prosecutor, please keep your tone within the limits. I am to make judgement and you are to give me the facts." Judge rightfully warned the prosecutor.

"I apologize." Prosecutor nodded at judge.

"The moment I could provide for my parents I made them shift in an apartment. They never mentioned about how less they have. They were satisfied and happy!" I said holding on to the bitter taste in my tongue. I got no valid proof for the truth I know. If only Dad had clear sppech then that video itself would have helped me! If only things were little different.

"And here comes our second point. Your mother also mentioned in the video that you got them the apartment of your boss. They were ashamed of your affair with Ivano Esposito. That your ruined your family's name and reputation to hastily climb the ladder of success." I burned with the embarrassing statements he was throwing at me. I don't know how to answer without throwing Espositos name in the mud.

"Don't ruin our relationship by claiming it to be a mere affair! We love each other and as a family, I asked my girlfriend to bring her parents in to apartment that has been vacant. And I don't think there is anything wrong in helping your own partner." I can't believe it! Ivano?

"Mr. Esposito, please respect court's proceedings. You can have say by coming to the witness box." Magistrate forewarned Ivano who nodded.

"Your honor, I don't want to say anything but I do want to listen something." Ivano said earning a confused look.

********
Hi guys!

Back with a Sunday update!

This chapter is solely based on imagination and has nothing to do with laws of land in Italy. I have no knowledge of Italian laws so it is purely fiction.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Don't forget to show your support by any way you canto motivate me!

Lots of love💕