Chapter 32

Idhaya's POV

You know the moment you realise that you should run and never come back, but still... You decide to stay and regret. Just because you are too good to break your promises! I am having exactly the same regret after deciding to spend with Mr. Aldo Sullivan.

Either he is a self-trumpeter or a busybody. Every time he asks questions... But not about me. Either about my boss, his company or his personal life. And I successfully avoid those questions and he starts praising himself.

"You know, the Esposito Empire is not performing good after the chairman left for some business. The stock prices are going down every day." I smiled at him, an irritated smile.

"Did you invest in their stock? Or are you planning?" I asked nicely.

"No." He said in confusion.

"Then? Why are you talking about their stocks?" I asked and still managed to smile.

"No just for information. I mean if you are planning." I laughed at him sarcastically.

"I don't have my own house to live and you think I will invest?" I asked him as his interest in my employer started to raise my suspicions after each question.

"Yes, I forgot. Do you know, there are rumours that he died?" He asked and took a bite of his cake.

"Do you know, I have no idea what you are talking about?" I asked replicating his tone.

"About Enrique Esposito. The chairman. He is dead! But, you stay with them so I might as well confirm with you." I glared at him slightly.

"You know, the Esposito mansion is huge. And I can't have ears everywhere. We are not allowed to touch their personal life." I said seriously and put my fork down.

"Ohh! Rules? Then learn from me. My touch is really effective. If I want to know something, I get my hand on it anyhow. Will teach you. Then you can find more about Espositos." That's it! I am not going to resist the temptation of slapping him.

"Still interested in others, Mr. Sullivan?" I looked ahead to see Mr. Esposito standing with his infamous frown.

"After being sacked from the job, you still interested in our life. Do you want me to make disappear from Italy permanently?" He asked and from the bottom of my heart I felt like I should support him in this task.

"S..sir. I..I" What the fuck! Such a huge impact in his concieted behaviour.

"And what were you saying about teaching my girlfriend? I didn't hear you properly." He asked towering over Aldo, while Aldo squirmed in trepidation. I went into struck mode after my brain registered his words.

"Sir... Actually. I.. I didn't know..."

"You didn't? Well, now you know. Hope, your gossip hungry mind warns every man on this earth who tries to woo to my girl." Mr. Esposito warned and grabbed my hand and pulled me till exit door. After settling the shocked 'me' in the car he sat on the driver seat.

"Ms. Idhaya, if this kind of incident happens ever again then you are fired." I looked at him in shock. Again.
As soon as anger took over I glared at him.

"Why? What did I do?" I asked while clenching my jaw.

"You went on a date. Without informing me and left my son under your mother's care." I looked at him.

"My mother is trustworthy person!" I said in defence.

"Maybe." He said making me glare at him instensely.

"And what you did was not any good. You made your umm... Your girl. He might open his mouth and..."

"That is what I want." He muttered but I heard it anyway. And my heart jumped instead of beating for a moment.

"Why?" I muttered.

"Huh? B..because then no one will ask you about Espositos." I looked at him or mostly glared at him.

"So you think I am not trustworthy?" I asked.

"Ms. Idhaya, I didn't mean that. I saw how you avoided his investigation. If I judge people like this without properly noticing them, then Esposito Empire will be short of honest people. But you know the situation we are in, Emi and I are too young to handle the business as per shareholders but still because of this one lie we are managing to keep unnecessary board meetings at bay. It will do us good if your personal life does not mixes with all the issues we have." He said calmly and that made me analyse his situation in a better way. Single father at the age 24 and now this business. It might make the person mad but he is mich mature in all these matters. As well as Emiliano.

"I understand Mr. Esposito, but do you know if he gossips about us then..."

"He will not. I asked him to gossip and he will do exactly opposite of what he has been said. Typical employee, and for that reason he got terminated." I nodded.

"Thank you for saving me. I literally felt like murdering him." I chuckled and he did too.

"And here I thought you liked him." I made a disgusted face.

"Self obsessed gossip queen. I pity the girl who ever had association with him." I said.

"Good. Good choice for an answer." I looked at him in amusement. I feel he is jealous, should I put more efforts.

"But, my mother is adamant to get me married. Don't worry, I will not say that guy where I work unless I start trusting him." I said after clearing my throat. The light smile replaced with nasty frown making it hard for me to control my smile.

"I think we need to talk more about..."

"I assure you. Look I am not getting any younger and my parents are worried about my life." I said with seriousness.

"Say your parents once and for all, that I can take care of you." He said making me look at him skeptically. "I mean... You can work for us. Enzo loves you." He averted his eyes and started driving.

"But I would need my happy life. And you only said me to be strict with Enzo. As a typical nanny." I said.

"Which you denied. Idhaya, I am against you meeting chipmunks like these. No more questions on this topic." I glared at him.

"Who started it? That is good, if you want to talk you compel me to talk and when you are not in mood you shut me up as if I am some radio giving you updates on weather. Today the temperature is 33°C it is advisable to use sun..." I heard the car stopped somewhere and I was pulled into a kiss.

"To use sunkissed lips on your own." He smirked against my lips and kissed me open mouthed as soon as my lips drifted apart in shock.