Chapter 68

Alessandro's POV

Everyone around me laughed very weirdly. As if I cracked some thunderous joke her, I am fucking serious here!

"How will Francessa come here Ale?" Carmelia asked.

"Exactly, my daughter is on a date. And I know she is not returning till the midnight." I gritted my teeth again. Which date goes on till 12 hours... When the guy so busy that his schedule is more important than Francessa's?

"But... I actually heard it. I know." I am very adamant.

"But look around... She is not here. Maybe you had illusion? After all, from the moment I came here all you are talking about is Francessa." Idhaya said while eyeing me. Do they think I am mad? When I say I heard, that I heard it.

"I don't know. But that was her voice and I am very sure of it." I said taking my phone.

"I will call her now, if she will not pick my call  I will have this whole area evacuated and I will look for her myself. And if she picks up and talk to me for more than two minutes then I will be proven wrong. Who wants to bet?" I asked challenging everyone making them look at me in shock.

"This is preposterous!" Carmelia exclaimed making me look at her in amusement.

"But if he he wants to confirm than there is nothing weong in that." Ivano said making Carmelia glare at him.

"You are more smarter than what we thought." Emiliano proudly said making me smile.

"After all he is my brother!" Tristan said while smiling.

"And that is why they thought he is not intelligent." Carmelia snapped at Tristan. Esposito brothers nodded at that.

"By the ways he is my brother too, Tan." Carmelia said.

"You all are horrendous!" Tristan pouted at them making them shake their heads.

"Don't change the topic! Are ypu in with the bet? If not then without wasting more time I will have this place evacuated." I asked them.

"Umm... Okay. But if she is busy she might not talk for two minutes." Carmelia said.

"Fine, but I will not settle for less than a minute." I said.

"O..okay. Call her." I smirked and called while looking at the girls.

"None of you will make any noise." I said and gestured the host to make any announcement.

On first ring she didn't pick up. I looked at the girls and their faces were so tensed.

"I will call twice more." I said and called once again.

And again she didn't pick up.

"One last time" I said and called her.

And again no response.

"Okay... Everyone please vacate the room for few moments. We have to find some guest's pet which is lost here." I made the announcement after going to the stage.

Amd everyone, with or without any choice left the hall. I went and locked the door.

"Let the search begin." I muttered and started looking under every table by pulling the table cloth up.

After pulling every table cloth and finding nothing made even more irritated. Why is she hiding here?

Today is such an important event, media will come soon and she is playing games here. Just you come in front of then I will show it Francessa... I mean, Ms. Santorini.

I will find you soon. And I don't give up easily Francessa.

"May be she went to washroom? She might be hiding there." I said loud enough and went towards the washroom and stood there just to be on time to catch her read handed when she tries to run.

Ale... What a plan! Marvelous... These girl has made my inner devil awake now. And she must face the wrath then.

And as expected, she made a run towards the door. I ran and pulled her towards me making her head hit my chest.

"So... Ms Santorini? Done with your hide and seek?" I asked her while smirking making her look at me in shock.

"I... I..."

"Why are you stuttering? How was your date?" I asked making my hold on her hand tighten.

"I... Leave me." She said slowly.

"Not until you say me what are you up to? Don't you know this is something more important than your games?" I snapped at her making her flinch.

"I know... I did put everything im right place, I swear." She said while looking at me innocently.

"Yes, I know it was you who did it. Now, explain it to me why were you hiding from me?" I asked her while she tried break free from my hold.

"I will not explain. Leave me! Event should be started now and there is not time." She said but I pulled her more towards me.

"Whose hotel is this? Mine. And event will start when I say it should. And it will not start until you explain it to me why were you hiding from me?" I asked and circle my other around her waist to lock my hold.

"You have gone mad! You only said this is important and now you are not starting the event. You really confuse me!" She retorted angrily.

"And you are confusing me. Now out with it or else..."

"What or else?" She asked daringly.

"I will not let the charity event happen." I said making her gasp.

"You... You..."

"Out with it!" I snapped at her.

"Fine! It was our plan to know what you think about me." She said while glaring at me. As if I will get scared of it.

"What? Why?" I asked her in confusion.

"Because... Because... I have started developing feelings for you." She said making me lose my hold on her.

"Ouch!" The moment I left she fell on the floor and started groaning in pain.

"What happened?" I kneedled down at her level.

"My knees... They are..." Without waiting I pulled her black dress up to see her knees bleeding. I gasped at the bad condition of her knees.

"Are you mad woman! Look what you did to yourself now!" I said and gathered her in my arms.

"Next time if you want to know about what I feel... Come and ask me directly." I said to her.

"No! That's embarrassing!" She shrieked making me smile.

She is stupid!